Life Members Animated Avatars (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We would love a moving avatar but can't find one we like any suggestions where to look for one ? Plus can we save the pic on the avatar as well don't want to loose it as the only origional one was on cumputer which sadly crashed and cannot reboot it been trying for ages X

Kate to save your pic.. if you on your phone .. open the foto by clicking on it. Then hold your finger on it until it highlights and dropdown box comes up .. copy image. Kate I will go and copy it for you so I can watsap it to you. X

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
I think that will probably save a low resolution and or very small image @movan. just checked on my laptop with my avatar and the saved avatar is 14Kb but the image that was uploaded was 1400 Kb, avatars are usually heavily compressed to save data

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Whys that then, pray tell ?

Because I want to test the feature, its affects on the server. Allowing the feature just to the few life members has given me a way of controlling the number of users, testing them out.

And anyway, why shouldn't life members have a bit more fun for their lifelong commitment. Pray tell? :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think that will probably save a low resolution and or very small image @movan. just checked on my laptop with my avatar and the saved avatar is 14Kb but the image that was uploaded was 1400 Kb, avatars are usually heavily compressed to save data

Thank you .. that explains that then. Any suggestiond please how to get round it?

If Kate has the photo somewhere in Media would that solve anything please?

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Because I want to test the feature, its affects in the server. Allowing the feature just to the few life members has given me a way of controlling the number of users, testing them out.

And anyway, why shouldn't life members have a bit more fun for their lifelong commitment. Pray tell? :)

Fair do. But what is involved in becoming a life member, do tell.

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
It's likely the image, and others, is still there on the unbootable computer. I'd be happy to talk @Ambilkate through removign the drive - or do it with her I think we may not be far away from each otehr, really is simple to remove and place in a caddy as an external drive

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Fair do. But what is involved in becoming a life member, do tell.

A couple of times a year life memberships are offered. Normally around now and at Easter. We had the "around now" sale on Black Friday, the next one will be Good Friday 2017 (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We would love a moving avatar but can't find one we like any suggestions where to look for one ? Plus can we save the pic on the avatar as well don't want to loose it as the only origional one was on cumputer which sadly crashed and cannot reboot it been trying for ages X
Just google "animated gif" could narrow it down by searching "animated Christmas gif". Copy and past into your MHF avatar setting. I will also copy your original avatar picture for you. As has been said, it will not be the same quality as the original but could be used to go back to once festive animated gifs cease to be.:xsmile:

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
@Jim is there any way to turn OFF the animation - it plays havoc with my eyesight?

Dave

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
A couple of times a year life memberships are offered. Normally around now and at Easter. We had the "around now" sale on Black Friday, the next one will be Good Friday 2017 (y)

Hmm, seems a shame to isolate some members of your community..bit of an us and them thing going on.
Oh well, us scummy pond life normal members will just have to have a non moving avatar. How will we cope ?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hmm, seems a shame to isolate some members of your community..bit of an us and them thing going on.
Oh well, us scummy pond life normal members will just have to have a non moving avatar. How will we cope ?

Bit harsh or a bit jealous not sure which,:xdoh: especially as the money raised benefits all.:xangry:

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
@Jim is there any way to turn OFF the animation - it plays havoc with my eyesight?

Dave

If you go back to the first few pages of this thread there are ways to turn them off, depends which browser you use as to which works

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Can I have a decaff builders tea please, spoon standing upright to prove its worth, with 2 choccy-bottom digestives? in a mug of course.
Ta.
CWH (Life Member)

PS

Money :xwink:
NO, do you think i have got nothing better to do than molly coddle you lot, get your own bloody tea:whistle::xrofl:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
NO, do you think i have got nothing better to do than molly coddle you lot, get your own bloody tea:whistle::xrofl:
Rotter. Somebody else brought me one.
Now I'm not one to complain, but the tea's a bit weak, well a lot weak really, better put the tea-bag back in, the choccy bottoms look as though the mice have been at them, the table could do with a bit of a clean, the chair's a bit wobbly.........
Link Removed

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
If you go back to the first few pages of this thread there are ways to turn them off, depends which browser you use as to which works

None work(as in turn the darn things off) on MS Edge.

Dave

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
S'only avatar size @Ambilkate but if all else fails you can have it for a small fee. :xgrin:

Ambilkate.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back