Life Members Animated Avatars (1 Viewer)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
If you are using Micro Soft Edge browser,I have now found a way to turn the annoying animated avatars off - albeit only temporarily. All you have to do is click on the page with the animation on and then press the Escape key. It will stop those pesky smiley things that jump about (I suppose they are laughing). When you go to another page you have to repeat the process, but until @Jim comes up with a way to turn them off permanently it will have to do.

Please work on it Jim.

Dave

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
S'only avatar size @Ambilkate but if all else fails you can have it for a small fee. :xgrin:

View attachment 136411

Edited .Don't know what happened as I quoted all those who posted with help and suggestions don't know why didn't come up on here

Thankyou all for your replys . Will message you @jnn after Christmas if you don't mind to talk to you about rebooting or removing hard drive if that ok ?
Thanks everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Will message you @jnn after Christmas if you don't mind to talk to you about rebooting or removing hard drive if that ok ?
Thanks everyone

yep no probs, can probably talk you through it online or skype/in person whatever works for you

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hmm, seems a shame to isolate some members of your community..bit of an us and them thing going on.
Oh well, us scummy pond life normal members will just have to have a non moving avatar. How will we cope ?

For a small sum to mr @Jim just giving page you can be halfway betwixt
A posh superior life membre and a poorly lower membre
LIKE WHAT I AM wiv moving aviator
( think the page is about 4-5 ish sir lord mr jim will tell I'm sure:pray::rofl::rofl:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
IMG_2110.GIF
just for fun i found this one

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
If you are using Micro Soft Edge browser,I have now found a way to turn the annoying animated avatars off - albeit only temporarily. All you have to do is click on the page with the animation on and then press the Escape key. It will stop those pesky smiley things that jump about (I suppose they are laughing). When you go to another page you have to repeat the process, but until @Jim comes up with a way to turn them off permanently it will have to do.

Please work on it Jim.

Dave

Works with M S Explorer as well

OZeRV

Free Member
Jul 22, 2014
Cobram, 3644, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Funster No
MH
Aust bus conv., UK C
Exp
Since 1995
Perhaps viewing of animated avatars on this forum could be an option in individual member preferences settings in their profiles. If this facility was available in the forum software you would be catering for member's wishes as clearly there are some who would prefer not to see them on the forum for a variety of reasons and others who take great delight in having them available.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Can anyone suggest how my avatar could be animated ..........:whistle:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It will stop those pesky smiley things that jump about
As Baloo said to Bagheera (in Jungle Book), "Come on Baggy, get with the beat." ;)

Obviously, if these animated Avatars are causing you problems, it would be a good option to be able to isolate them, or turn them off.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
As Baloo said to Bagheera (in Jungle Book), "Come on Baggy, get with the beat." ;)

Obviously, if these animated Avatars are causing you problems, it would be a good option to be able to isolate them, or turn them off.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Jock glad to see your back injections have worked judging by your moving avatar!!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes you are having a ciggie!!
Yesssssss Anthea. :xThumb: @CWH. Well spotted too Wendy. :xThumb:

We had that Avatar for years, (here and elsewhere) but we both gave up the evil weed, however, a certain individual expressed their preference for our smoking Avatar, once they became animated again, so here we are..............portraying a blooming major fire risk. :eek: ........................ :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yesssssss Anthea. :xThumb: @CWH. Well spotted too Wendy. :xThumb:

We had that Avatar for years, (here and elsewhere) but we both gave up the evil weed, however, a certain individual expressed their preference for our smoking Avatar, once they became animated again, so here we are..............portraying a blooming major fire risk. :eek: ........................ :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
That avatar is ..... smokin' .....!!!!! :X3:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Loving it ! Best not post when experiencing extreme hangover :wine:

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
According to what I've had a quick read of with MS Edge you can't have the avatars turned off permanently at the moment so you have to keep doing it yourself ... sorry!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Ok, ill try again

Join us or log in to post a reply.