Inconsiderate, Arrogant and Unnecessary (2 Viewers)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
AND!!:Angry: Some light fingered swine nicked Road Runners Gennie:Sad:

The first ever answer to one of my posts was RR telling me that:whatthe:
Its that long since he logged on I think they have been back and nicked him now :ROFLMAO:.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
And another thing:

SURWAYA was at a Jazz Festival.

Jazz was memorably described as six blokes on a stage, each one playing a different tune.

How is that better than listening to a generator?

::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What I am against is people that think they have the god given right to tell me what I can and cannot do.

Bob

I feel like Nigel Owens this week :Doh:

Bob no one told you what you can or cannot do. The OP did not insult you he expressed an opinion, but your reply is not very nice mate.

serious hope I never meet you as I would love to tell you what I think of you to your face. A relatively new person on MHF with little real experience... nice person.:Angry::Angry:
Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Thats twice you've lost it in a week, you called another Funster sad and full of wind recently. Remember we address the post and not the poster Bob, no matter how mad we might feel. Strike two:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
bad boys..bad boys...what you going to do when sheriff Jim Brown comes for you ...bad boys, bad boys

::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From reading all the replies it would appear that motorhomers fall into two distinct camps..

The ones who go on holiday with the minimal amount of toys, don't need a huge amount of power and are content to just get away from it all.. they like to relax and enjoy the tranquillity with a good book.. an 85ah battery and the odd run out in the van lasts them indefinitely

The other camp go away with all the toys, have power hungry vans that eat energy like it's going out of fashion .. they need to be on-grid or carry a genny ..

There is no right or wrong.. but it is inevitable when these to camps collide sparks will fly .. and not just from an overworked genny ..

I try to live and let live .. if someone asks politely if they can run a genny for a couple of hours to charge up or cook a quick meal, that would not be an issue.. but if I'm on a nice quiet CL with no EHU and some tosser runs a genny day and night.. I WILL have words.. if you need a lot of power then use a site with it on tap and don't make others lives miserable.. not too much to ask .. is it ?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
From reading all the replies it would appear that motorhomers fall into two distinct camps..

The ones who go on holiday with the minimal amount of toys, don't need a huge amount of power and are content to just get away from it all.. they like to relax and enjoy the tranquillity with a good book.. an 85ah battery and the odd run out in the van lasts them indefinitely

The other camp go away with all the toys, have power hungry vans that eat energy like it's going out of fashion .. they need to be on-grid or carry a genny ..

There is no right or wrong.. but it is inevitable when these to camps collide sparks will fly .. and not just from an overworked genny ..

I try to live and let live .. if someone asks politely if they can run a genny for a couple of hours to charge up or cook a quick meal, that would not be an issue.. but if I'm on a nice quiet CL with no EHU and some tosser runs a genny day and night.. I WILL have words.. if you need a lot of power then use a site with it on tap and don't make others lives miserable.. not too much to ask .. is it ?

I must be camping on my own as I do use quite a bit of power, have 4xsolar panels and 2x125Ah batteries but don't use EHU unless its free/included and don't own a generator. :roflmto:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
This is probably not a good time to show off my new genny for the next meet then. :Doh:

homegenerator.jpg

Hey....someone's nicked the engine out of my campervan!!! :cry:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I am all chilled out back from a few weeks away feet up look at the forum, well I have ploughed through 12 pages and after reading all the huffing and puffing think its quite simple really. Would seem most agree, where like Dellwood and Bob and others need it to keep there mobility scooters topped up no problem at all.

When run with consideration not early morning or evening most accept it, or when sking then I would think everyone is in the same boat and different criteria used.

What is unnecessary when things have been explained more fully and op given his reasons, although perhaps at festivals (I could be wrong) perhaps different camper attitude exists.

We all know how when we meet different people that post at rallies and meets many are different than our on line perception, so perhaps until we meet in person we should reserve our judgment who is next to who on a rallie.:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I feel like Nigel Owens this week :Doh:

Bob no one told you what you can or cannot do. The OP did not insult you he expressed an opinion, but your reply is not very nice mate.

Thats twice you've lost it in a week, you called another Funster sad and full of wind recently. Remember we address the post and not the poster Bob, no matter how mad we might feel.Strike two:Smile:

"Strike two"............... Three................ look look...

That is not playing nice Mo £2k off yes, but no way £10K... have turned that down long ago.

In fact Ebay automatically refuses to accept any bid below £32k.

But thanks for pushing my RV for me..... even if you are being a barst$$d as Chris called you.. who am I to disagree

Bob

Three strikes, give him a hundred lines... :winky::ROFLMAO: (Joking, he is not a bad ole feller)

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Can't wait till the next rally gennies to the left gennies to the right and I'll be stuck in the middle with you:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if you post a lot then there is more risk

"Strike two"............... Three................ look look...

That is not playing nice Mo £2k off yes, but no way £10K... have turned that down long ago.

In fact Ebay automatically refuses to accept any bid below £32k.

But thanks for pushing my RV for me..... even if you are being a barst$$d as Chris called you.. who am I to disagree

Bob

Three strikes, give him a hundred lines... :winky::ROFLMAO: (Joking, he is not a bad ole feller)

Mo if you post a lot (Like I do) then there is a risk you are going to upset people from time to time. ..... That is life.

A lot is said on here by some that I find objectionable ...

Bob

OP
OP
S

SURWAYA

Free Member
Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Bit late to this party.

I need a generator as I live fulltime in my van and run a business. If the sun isn't out I need to charge my 500Ah batteries up about once a week.

My personal rules are that if I am on an Aire and no one else is around I will start it up. If there are people around I will drive away to a layby nearby and charge up there.

I never run my genny in the morning or after 6pm as I know I like a quiet morning in bed and I don't want to be disturbed in the evening. 4-5 hours in the afternoon should be enough to top up any battery.

The only place I use my genny when there are people around is at rallies when moving off is not an option and others are using their gennies as well.

As a result of my wild camping over the last year I can now sleep in the loading bay of major supermarkets and not be disturbed:thumb: So a drone of a genny is no longer an issue. But I did used to hate them.

I would have been hacked off if someone was running one that late next to me but I would have just moved off... But that's me.

I do hate barking dogs and noisy kids though and nothing is going to change that. Luckily most if not all funsters have their kids on leads and dogs have good manners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I do start my genny on a rally I will always ask around if anyone else wants a hookup at the same time...

Thanks for a different viewpoint. I think I have already said that, on reflection and listening to the arguments, I can, perhaps, see that some users do actually have no other option. However, that does not absolve them from the rest of the argument i.e. consideration for others etc. From your post, and not wishing to appear sycophantic in any way, I can that you are a most considerate user of a generator. If only you were not the minority. Cheers

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo if you post a lot (Like I do) then there is a risk you are going to upset people from time to time. ..... That is life.

A lot is said on here by some that I find objectionable ...

Bob

My Filosofy/philopsy/fhilofosy/pfilofosy............. ah bo**ox...

My out look on life if i cant take I dont give... I dont know all there is to know..... I`m willing to learn.....

I will stand my ground if I am 100% sure.... but I wont get into a slanging match...

Call me a coward..... but I would sooner walk away than lose what was or may be a good friend...

I would like to think as an adult..... If a member had upset me that much,, the issue could be sorted out by "Private".. PM... and not to hang my dirty washing out for all and sundry to read..

Smile and the world smiles with you... :winky::ROFLMAO::thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
You have always got to complicate things...:cry:

I`ll have to think about the girlie issue... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Anyway............... I can run faster than you at the moment... :Tongue1::ROFLMAO:

This is true. :Blush: :cry:

Please continue thinking and report back, in due course. :ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Haven't got a gennie myself and only have one 110 battery and managed to do 2weeks in the other hebrides with no hook up. I have thought about a gennie but being a scotsman haven't spend my money yet. The way i see it if you go to a meet or wildcamp and someone is using their gennie during the day then thats fine if its to noisy then ask them to stop it or move.

I spent the weekend at T in the park music festival last weekend with 280 other campervans loads had gennies loads had music systems, i didnt see any as a problem as all where stopped at a reasonable time

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
This is true. :Blush: :cry:

Please continue thinking and report back, in due course. :ROFLMAO:

Thought you had gone to bed..... :winky::ROFLMAO:

You can run (Or hobble.) but you cant hide... :hug::ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Shouldn't is also matter about how loud the genny is? Walk around the CC site at Totnes Steamer Quay and you see and struggle to hear no end on Honda 1000i gennys mostly in little acoustic tents, that when you walk past the van you can bearly hear, adjacent to that particular van, and when you are a couple of yards past you loose the sound!

It isn't gennys that are bad, it is noisy gennies, used inconsiderately, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The flip side of that are some people that will complain as they think that they're "The Kiddy" and should make the rules for everyone! Tossers on both sides at the extremes!

Frankly we normally get told off for making too much noise where ever we go, all that laughing and having fun I expect!

Eddie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Haven't got a gennie myself and only have one 110 battery and managed to do 2weeks in the other hebrides with no hook up. I have thought about a gennie but being a scotsman haven't spend my money yet. The way i see it if you go to a meet or wildcamp and someone is using their gennie during the day then thats fine if its to noisy then ask them to stop it or move.

I spent the weekend at T in the park music festival last weekend with 280 other campervans loads had gennies loads had music systems, i didnt see any as a problem as all where stopped at a reasonable time

Crikey Gerry,

A whole post and you haven';t reminded me that my telephone rang yours to sing to it in the middle of the night recently? Have you forgotten all ready?

only Im away at knutsford, alone, with a bottle of Vodka this weekend, training for the Pilgrims marathon :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Crikey Gerry,

A whole post and you haven';t reminded me that my telephone rang yours to sing to it in the middle of the night recently? Have you forgotten all ready?

only Im away at knutsford, alone, with a bottle of Vodka this weekend, training for the Pilgrims marathon :winky:

What were you doing phoning Gerry in the middle of the night?????

The mind boggles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
What were you doing phoning Gerry in the middle of the night?????

The mind boggles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Something to do with VODKA.

no, it was the Funster singing choir going through my phone. Giving Gerry a bit of coaching for his run in the morning, worked a treat, he got a new PB :thumb:
Dispelling any myth that a good athlete needs a good night sleep :winky:

My mum quite enjoyed it but Gerry didn't:Sad:

see, late night phone calls and generators, you cant win, some love them some loathe them :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back