Inconsiderate, Arrogant and Unnecessary (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Now funny you should mention that .................................. Oh! Lord, help me to keep my mouth shut:thumb:

You shouldn't do that.

We are all guilty at times (well not me of course Im perfect :winky::Smile:) of giving half the facts when we start off.

What your OP sounded like was
"right you :swear: :swear:with bloxxdy Generators, how dare you have those things you inconsiderate :swear:

Why can't you be as self sufficient and taylor your motorhoming needs to be like the perfect me and never ever need one. ?:Nowink:

which of course is only going to get one response from people like me that very occasionally use one normally whilst skiing or away for a week in deepest coldest Sscotland and without a neighbour in 2 miles.

Then and only then it read
"Some right inconsiderate :swear: :swear: last night spoilt my weekend by refusing to accept any consideration of others why are SOME generator owners so inconsiderate?"

which would of got you a whole lot of empathy from even people that use generators.

as said, opinions on not just generators, but what Pixxes people off when camping in general will always provoke a reaction.

I hate people leaving early after Ive been up untill the early hours partying :whistle:

And welcome to the forum,

I do hope this thread has not put you off :lipstick::soaobox::pray::beer::lips:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What gets me going are those bloody inconsiderate skiers and all the avalanches they cause... not to mention those runners on the road causing me to have to pull into the middle of it to get past...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It's all a matter of consideration......

Now what I may consider inconsiderate behaviour, may not have been considered as such by the offending inconsiderate culprits....:Doh:

For example last year when up in the Scottish Highlands, parked discreetly on our own miles from anyone enjoying the natural beauty of our countryside from the lounge of our motorhome.

All of a sudden these inconsiderate Beggars came along with a couple of their chums in tow. They left a trail of noxious smoke in their wake, and made so much noise it made our van shake!!!!:Angry::Angry:

Broken Link Removed

They just had absolutely no consideration, especially as they made me miss the end of Eastenders..!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

:winky::winky:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I tell you what is annoying is parking up in an aire and coming back to the van and finding they 'others' have parked so close that you cant even get a Rizla paper between you, you cant even open your window unless to want to decapitate the 'moron' next to you...

As I say, its all down to consideration, and if any of you cross me, I will either set MrsShiftZZ loose on ya, play my Des O'Connor record or if the worse comes to the worse.
Link Removed

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
CAN'T ANY OF YOU LOT AFFORD EAR PLUGS???? SPEND A NIGHT ON A LORRY PARK TRYING TO GET A NIGHTS SLEEP AND YOU WILL STOP MOANING ABOUT GENERATORS.LIVE AND LET LIVE AND HAVE FUN!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!

OP
OP
S

SURWAYA

Free Member
Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
You shouldn't do that.

We are all guilty at times (well not me of course Im perfect :winky::Smile:) of giving half the facts when we start off.

What your OP sounded like was
"right you :swear: :swear:with bloxxdy Generators, how dare you have those things you inconsiderate :swear:

Why can't you be as self sufficient and taylor your motorhoming needs to be like the perfect me and never ever need one. ?:Nowink:

which of course is only going to get one response from people like me that very occasionally use one normally whilst skiing or away for a week in deepest coldest Sscotland and without a neighbour in 2 miles.

Then and only then it read
"Some right inconsiderate :swear: :swear: last night spoilt my weekend by refusing to accept any consideration of others why are SOME generator owners so inconsiderate?"

which would of got you a whole lot of empathy from even people that use generators.

as said, opinions on not just generators, but what Pixxes people off when camping in general will always provoke a reaction.

I hate people leaving early after Ive been up untill the early hours partying :whistle:

And welcome to the forum,

I do hope this thread has not put you off :lipstick::soaobox::pray::beer::lips:

Thanks. Ah! not a bit of it. Actually, having been a 'watcher' for some considerable time I've noted the style that is most effective and a bit of ambiguity always seems to provoke a lively response. It's not the place for a semantic debate but my choice of language, whilst curt, was accurate - in my opinion - humble as it might be. What's interesting is how it gets interpreted by the reader. All said and done, I've apologised if I've offended, released my pressure valve and made my point. Others have had the opportunity to make theirs. On reflection, I can understand that some truly 'need' a generator - others think they do. But my underlying point remains extant. Social responsibility costs nothing but the means to achieve it might! Cheers

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
:Smile:Surwaya, I can sympathise but, Please, please let me run my gennie as it covers the sound of the wife"s snoring.....! I now must go and prepare for the beating she"s going to give me :ROFLMAO: Seriosly tho" ,as a light sleeper gennies running at night would be a serious assault on the reason why I love getting away, that being peace and an escape from day to day stress .

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We have small toddlers----they beat any generator night or day :Eeek:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
just been to asda and whilst driving back the sun poped out and warmed my shoulders and I was thinking about this thread and how grumpy its seem to make a lot of poeple then this came on the radio (magic AM on in the car)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk[/ame]

lifted my mood

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We use a genny for ABOUT 10 minutes a day to cook Womans special meals she has to have in the microwave

We also allow who ever needs it, to charge up their mobility scooters ( we are lucky enough not to need such things but there are many many folk who do and would be absolutely motorhome bound without a charge up.

It is never used for anything else

Personally I find obnoxious loud uncontrolled kids and yapping dogs ( and Woman and I are both 'doggy' people ) far worse and far more intrusive

Sorry if you do not like it but hey, dilligaf .....................................

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Doesn't really bother me either way (different people, differenct needs ect).
However, we've just come back from East of England Show where one of our 'neighbours' in a caravan fired the genny up every tea-time. Presumed it was for a microwave until I saw the DEEP FAT FRYER being carried out the van ?????
Maria

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Bit late to this party.

I need a generator as I live fulltime in my van and run a business. If the sun isn't out I need to charge my 500Ah batteries up about once a week.

My personal rules are that if I am on an Aire and no one else is around I will start it up. If there are people around I will drive away to a layby nearby and charge up there.

I never run my genny in the morning or after 6pm as I know I like a quiet morning in bed and I don't want to be disturbed in the evening. 4-5 hours in the afternoon should be enough to top up any battery.

The only place I use my genny when there are people around is at rallies when moving off is not an option and others are using their gennies as well.

As a result of my wild camping over the last year I can now sleep in the loading bay of major supermarkets and not be disturbed:thumb: So a drone of a genny is no longer an issue. But I did used to hate them.

I would have been hacked off if someone was running one that late next to me but I would have just moved off... But that's me.

I do hate barking dogs and noisy kids though and nothing is going to change that. Luckily most if not all funsters have their kids on leads and dogs have good manners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I do start my genny on a rally I will always ask around if anyone else wants a hookup at the same time...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
However, we've just come back from East of England Show where one of our 'neighbours' in a caravan fired the genny up every tea-time. Presumed it was for a microwave until I saw the DEEP FAT FRYER being carried out the van ?????
Maria
This is exactly what I mean. Theres nothing wrong with a good old fashioned chip pan full of dripping. No need for a deep fat fryer. I would have asked if I could have his used oil when he had finished with it to make bio ::bigsmile:.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Maria

I would of been straight round there Maria,

All guns blazing armed with a knife and a potato and a peeler, and said, throw this in whilst your turned on. :thumb:

I love god old fashioned chips me :thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
CAN'T ANY OF YOU LOT AFFORD EAR PLUGS???? SPEND A NIGHT ON A LORRY PARK TRYING TO GET A NIGHTS SLEEP AND YOU WILL STOP MOANING ABOUT GENERATORS.LIVE AND LET LIVE AND HAVE FUN!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!

Or be like me Bloody Deaf, Carry on Ranting :ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Anyways SURWAYA. Welcome to the world of Motorhome Fun.

Straight jackets are on your left.

Meds are on the table.

If you hurry you can still get a seat in group therapy.

HAVE FUN :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Another NIMBY

I dont see a problem with charging mobility scooters from a decent solar/wind battery bank. When we had the two battery bikes with 36volt batteries I bought a 12volt-36volt converter to charge them from the battery bank. This worked without discharging my battery bank although it was somewhat expensive.
OK I see a problem with the extra weight of a good battery bank, BUT if you dont put all the extra toys on then the weight is not a problem.

I have two scooters or one scooter and a power chair... dependent on the trip / show / venue.... and I have been a motor home (read RV owner) for over 25 years and yes I have had a boat as well.

My power chair has 2 x 70 amp batteries my scooter has 2 x 40amp batteries .. both are 24v

My RV has 200 amps of 12v batteries.

I would love to be able to use my on board power to charge my needs. I cannot and will not apologies for my needs to use my generator.

I echo another post.. while I accept everyone has a view, even you with your nasty opening post (NOT SNOWBIRD).. your post is offensive and not very nice. I serious hope I never meet you as I would love to tell you what I think of you to your face. A relatively new person on MHF with little real experience... nice person.:Angry::Angry:

We have had many debates over the years on MHF about the generator situation, never seen one get as much response .. I hope you never need to use a power wheelchair or other disabled equipment that needs to be recharged.

I have done all I can to make sure my chassis RV genny is as quite as possible.. I have even a Genturi I fit to take the exhaust up high and away and acts as an silencer on top of the one fitted. I only run it when I need to use it. Much like many that have the same needs as myself.

Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I would of been straight round there Maria,

All guns blazing armed with a knife and a potato and a peeler, and said, throw this in whilst your turned on. :thumb:

I love god old fashioned chips me :thumb:

Thats a new one, RELIGIOUS CHIPS. Is that a Holy Friar?:ROFLMAO:

Sorry Haggers

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Common problem there.

Like many posts, it kicked off designed to stir things up but then when the full story comes out, a page or two later, the post isn't as controversial.

Good rant !

I don't suppose you have a view on the safety aspects of reverse polarity hook ups do you ?

And the legality of A Frames ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I have two scooters or one scooter and a power chair... dependent on the trip / show / venue.... and I have been a motor home (read RV owner) for over 25 years and yes I have had a boat as well.

My power chair has 2 x 70 amp batteries my scooter has 2 x 40amp batteries .. both are 24v

My RV has 200 amps of 12v batteries.

I would love to be able to use my on board power to charge my needs. I cannot and will not apologies for my needs to use my generator.

I echo another post.. while I accept everyone has a view, even you with your nasty opening post (NOT SNOWBIRD).. your post is offensive and not very nice. I serious hope I never meet you as I would love to tell you what I think of you to your face. A relatively new person on MHF with little real experience... nice person.:Angry::Angry:

We have had many debates over the years on MHF about the generator situation, never seen one get as much response .. I hope you never need to use a power wheelchair or other disabled equipment that needs to be recharged.

I have done all I can to make sure my chassis RV genny is as quite as possible.. I have even a Genturi I fit to take the exhaust up high and away and acts as an silencer on top of the one fitted. I only run it when I need to use it. Much like many that have the same needs as myself.

Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Phew Bob,

Just when it seemed to of blown over and we were loving each other again.

The OP has explained why he posted in the manner and I am now loving him again.

maybe you should try the same?

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Its always an interesting observation to see how some people fail to work out the difference between what they need, and what they want. Confuse this with thousands of other people with similar interest's all making default purchases, you can see an uphill battle.
Others watch the above, and make decisions based on it (ie salesmen and traders), which adds to the confusion and forms buying trends such as one percentage of the group buying a Honda genny because its the best, its quieter, its the market leader etc, and others buying Kipor because the wont support a market leader conglomerate, think of themselves as more canny, and convince themselves that it will do the same job, when there are many more options.

We all defend our purchases, as they are a reflection on our intelligence/personality/affluence, but need and want are two totally different things, as most posters have confirmed.
:thumb:

For the record, I have a genny (long before a MH) but have never used it, I find solar hilarious, and tie in any "topping up" needed with the "emptying and relenishing" at a site, but thats just my way of doing things.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Phew Bob,

Just when it seemed to of blown over and we were loving each other again.

The OP has explained why he posted in the manner and I am now loving him again.

maybe you should try the same?

Well said Haggers...

Bob, I think the intention of the OP has or may well have been misinterpreted. No one objects to needing a gennie, compared to wanting, there is a difference. What he said was and I agree, there are some, not like yourself who have done Nothing to make sure that their generator causes as little disruption as possible.. Thats the difference, some are inconsiderate, FACT.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
This is probably not a good time to show off my new genny for the next meet then. :Doh:

homegenerator.jpg

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so you want a debate again about A frames

And the legality of A Frames ::bigsmile:

So Larry you want a debate about A frames then??? happy any day... but a debate is one thing, which I am aways for.

What I am against is people that think they have the god given right to tell me what I can and cannot do. I also object to having to explain or justify my use of my equipment due to a disability.

As all of you know I can argue a corner and often will get stuck in to a debate or argument. But I have never come across a post like this since I joined the forum.

I found the approach very upsetting. Not what I am used to from other motor home users... I am always willing to consider other peoples views (except those that want A frames):winky:

But I think this issue was not well handled by this new comer (2 1/2 years whats that in time... and the number of days.. nothing in real terms compared to some of us)...

Yes my heckles are up with good reasons.

Bob

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have spent 30 years caravanning and in the last few years the use of cheap generators was a real pain in the arse !! I understand the reasons soem folks need to use them for whatever important reasons but allthough I am sure that folks on here are very considerate its a fact that lots are not, having a genny running early morning or late at night is not really acceptable as batteries can be charged up during the day.
The worst I had was after the launch of the Chinese 800 watt two stroke gennies, a bloody nightmare until they broke down.
I have a 2kw Honda which I have stopped using now after having 2 x 120 watts of solar fitted, 2 x 225 amp batteries and a 2000watt inverter, over the top yes, is it good its great.
Good lively thread this:thumb:
DAVE

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
So Larry you want a debate about A frames then??? happy any day... but a debate is one thing, which I am aways for.

What I am against is people that think they have the god given right to tell me what I can and cannot do. I also object to having to explain or justify my use of my equipment due to a disability.

As all of you know I can argue a corner and often will get stuck in to a debate or argument. But I have never come across a post like this since I joined the forum.

I found the approach very upsetting. Not what I am used to from other motor home users... I am always willing to consider other peoples views (except those that want A frames):winky:

But I think this issue was not well handled by this new comer (2 1/2 years whats that in time... and the number of days.. nothing in real terms compared to some of us)...

Yes my heckles are up with good reasons.

Bob

:reel::hardhat:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
chill out

wow i think a few chill pills need to be dished out here:Cool:personally it doesnt bother me in the least if there are gennies running.we are all doing the same thing,it would be nice to park one or two of the posters on this thread in between 2 power hungry RV,s for a week:roflmto:its a good job the OP wasnt at Silverstone last week:roflmto:live and let live i say.just enjoy your motorhomes and gennies:winky:
regards brian jo and josh

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
AND!!:Angry: Some light fingered swine nicked Road Runners Gennie:Sad:

The first ever answer to one of my posts was RR telling me that:whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.