Ile be seeing you..a little Re' of sunshine...

Discussion in 'France' started by Mousy, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Earlier today I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, kind of sick and nervous, was it last nights supper? Or medication? No it was pure excitement for today we leave on our summer hols. Or French tour if I'm speaking to non Moho owner friends.

Our 2 lads made a slightly sleepy dressing gowned appearance on the drive to wave us off, both blinking slightly in the daylight. No doubt they will both be completely nocturnal by the time we return in a fortnight.

We make excellent time to the tunnel, finding out on the way from our holiday companions @cliffandger that we've booked the wrong time and whilst arriving 2 hours early will actually be an hour behind them.

We just have time to meet them and have a quick catch-up before they board. Arranging to meet at Le Crotoy for our greatly anticipated seafood platter.

I see a familiar smiling face and it's @FIDGET on their way down to twin lakes. Lovely to have a quick chat before they board.

I go in search of Mr Mousy to find that bizarrely hes managed to meet up with his sister who is on her way back home to Belgium. A coffee and a quick family news review and she too goes off to board.

We still have time to do some duty free shopping... As many of you may be aware Mr Mousy hates shopping with a passion! So we conduct our usual martial dance of me choosing a must have product (in this case rayban sunglasses) and him quickly showing me on his phone where I can buy them cheaper whilst talking me out of buying them at all.

We leave empty handed but I get the last word as I say "all the more money for my new puppy fund!"

More to follow..

• Like Like x 21
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I smell a rat.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Bon voyage ! Safe travels and look forward to your trip!!(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Mousy

Indeed Brian a man of your experience would have insisted on my splurge knowing that it would be out of my system for the rest of the holidays. Sadly 30 years of this dance and he still has a lot to learn.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

@Mousy Hope your path and Cliffandger's will cross mine at some point of your trip.

But not to worry if not... It will happen sometime someday!

Enjoy your French Tour !

Amicalement

Frankie;):cool:

• Like Like x 3
  6. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Have a great trip

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Have fun(y)

By the way, it's children who insist on buying stuff in the departure terminal. I am with Mr Mousy all the way.:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. big map

big map Funster Life Member

Have a fantastic trip mr & Mrs mouse and cliff and ger. All the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Alice's adventures started with her going down a tunnel - or was it a rabbit hole? Have a good time anyway in the French Wonderland. :)

PS: Like the title, a little Ré of sunshine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Oh no, you four are not daring to leave the country again are you? Poor France it has only just recovered from the last time you invaded.
    :Eeek:

Have a great time and keep the reports of all the mishaps and near misses coming, usually great entertainment. :clap2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Duplicate post.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  12. Popeye

Popeye Funster

:Eeek: Dawn, is this right, surely you are NOT having breast implants or am I missing something, I know Martin and Cliff are always talking of "nice pair of Puppies there"...........

........and I haven't got a clue what they're talking about..........did you see ShiftZZ's new addition.....

I believe it is a Border Terrorist........

ShiftZZdog.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

14. Mousy

Thanks all will keep you updated when we can. The tunnel was hot, really hot. So much so that the guard came and told us it was much cooler in the 3 empty end carriages and if we walked up there water was available. He showed us to a box of cooling sprays too. Excellent service euro star but I'm left wondering if there were empty trains 2 hours earlier we could of sneaked onto :whistle:

No news of @cliffanger:eek: onwards to Le Crotoy...hope there is space on the Aire.

• Like Like x 9
  15. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

First off - I like the title - that's why I leave it to you, with a little help from Helen @scousebird!

We are sat sitting in the Aires at Le Crotoy waiting for the @Mousy s to arrive. The sun is still shining and there is still some balmy heat In the air. I think our neighbours Msr and Mrs Belgique have arrived from warmer comes though.....

image.png

She's sitting in the shade with a fleece on - from the looks of the tow car it seems they've come straight from the Sahara!

Anyway, our departure was a lot less emotional than Dawn's. We said goodbye to Our Little'un yesterday afternoon, when he stopped by on his way home from a day at the Acute Mental Health Unit at Southmead Hospital. I didn't need to know, but was told anyway, that he had been threatened by a psychotic woman, saying she could smell blood and when he asked why she replied 'because of my period you f******g pervert!' Luckily (for him) he handed her over to a female member of staff who got a slap in the face for asking the same question! And to think we (I) were the ones to steer him onto this career path!

Onto happier things - we struck it lucky when we raced to the Reading Services branch of Greggs, timing it perfectly with 5 minutes to spare before the breakfast offer ended and were rewarded with a bright and chirpy 'I am so sorry but I only have baguettes left, no rolls, so I will let you have sausage and bacon baguettes for the same price as rolls, oh and by the way they cooked far too much bacon so I have to use it up in your baguettes'! What a way to start a holiday.

I have to admit I felt quite sorry for Dawn, (and even more so for Martin) on recounting our lucky breakfast treat. We've all been on a carb free regime for the last month and they have both done REALLY well. Not knowing that we had just stuffed a months worth of carbs in one sitting, she said that she had spent ages in M and S trying to find carb free alternatives, and probably paying a fortune for the privilege - luckily for us we were called to our train before I found out how much she had spent!

Anyway our French trip has begun, thanks for all the interest (although I think it's 'car crash reading' and you're all waiting for the next mishap.....) which will probabky happen tomorrow.... We are sat here sippin wine, listening to the Archers and waiting for our MHF Besties to arrive before strolling into town for Les Huitres - what could be better? Nuffink! Watch this space......

• Like Like x 20
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

But that's his job;);)

Have a great time (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Jandek

Jandek Funster

Love it when you 4 go on holiday! Guaranteed a brilliant read over the next few weeks . Bon voyage

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Enjoy your adventures !

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Really enjoy reading about all your adventures & Ile De Re is on our wishlist so will be following with interest (y):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

There won't be anything left of it after these four visit;):LOL:

• Funny Funny x 4