Ile be seeing you..a little Re' of sunshine... (1 Viewer)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Earlier today I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, kind of sick and nervous, was it last nights supper? Or medication? No it was pure excitement for today we leave on our summer hols. Or French tour if I'm speaking to non Moho owner friends.

Our 2 lads made a slightly sleepy dressing gowned appearance on the drive to wave us off, both blinking slightly in the daylight. No doubt they will both be completely nocturnal by the time we return in a fortnight.

We make excellent time to the tunnel, finding out on the way from our holiday companions @cliffandger that we've booked the wrong time and whilst arriving 2 hours early will actually be an hour behind them.

We just have time to meet them and have a quick catch-up before they board. Arranging to meet at Le Crotoy for our greatly anticipated seafood platter.

I see a familiar smiling face and it's @FIDGET on their way down to twin lakes. Lovely to have a quick chat before they board.

I go in search of Mr Mousy to find that bizarrely hes managed to meet up with his sister who is on her way back home to Belgium. A coffee and a quick family news review and she too goes off to board.

We still have time to do some duty free shopping... As many of you may be aware Mr Mousy hates shopping with a passion! So we conduct our usual martial dance of me choosing a must have product (in this case rayban sunglasses) and him quickly showing me on his phone where I can buy them cheaper whilst talking me out of buying them at all.

We leave empty handed but I get the last word as I say "all the more money for my new puppy fund!"

More to follow..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Bon voyage ! Safe travels and look forward to your trip!!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Indeed Brian a man of your experience would have insisted on my splurge knowing that it would be out of my system for the rest of the holidays. Sadly 30 years of this dance and he still has a lot to learn.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Alice's adventures started with her going down a tunnel - or was it a rabbit hole? Have a good time anyway in the French Wonderland. :)

PS: Like the title, a little Ré of sunshine.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh no, you four are not daring to leave the country again are you? Poor France it has only just recovered from the last time you invaded.
:Eeek:

Have a great time and keep the reports of all the mishaps and near misses coming, usually great entertainment. :clap2:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
"all the more money for my new puppy fund!"

:Eeek: Dawn, is this right, surely you are NOT having breast implants or am I missing something, I know Martin and Cliff are always talking of "nice pair of Puppies there"...........

........and I haven't got a clue what they're talking about..........did you see ShiftZZ's new addition.....

I believe it is a Border Terrorist........

ShiftZZdog.JPG

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks all will keep you updated when we can. The tunnel was hot, really hot. So much so that the guard came and told us it was much cooler in the 3 empty end carriages and if we walked up there water was available. He showed us to a box of cooling sprays too. Excellent service euro star but I'm left wondering if there were empty trains 2 hours earlier we could of sneaked onto :whistle:

No news of @cliffanger:eek: onwards to Le Crotoy...hope there is space on the Aire.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
First off - I like the title - that's why I leave it to you, with a little help from Helen @scousebird!

We are sat sitting in the Aires at Le Crotoy waiting for the @Mousy s to arrive. The sun is still shining and there is still some balmy heat In the air. I think our neighbours Msr and Mrs Belgique have arrived from warmer comes though.....

image.png

She's sitting in the shade with a fleece on - from the looks of the tow car it seems they've come straight from the Sahara!

Anyway, our departure was a lot less emotional than Dawn's. We said goodbye to Our Little'un yesterday afternoon, when he stopped by on his way home from a day at the Acute Mental Health Unit at Southmead Hospital. I didn't need to know, but was told anyway, that he had been threatened by a psychotic woman, saying she could smell blood and when he asked why she replied 'because of my period you f******g pervert!' Luckily (for him) he handed her over to a female member of staff who got a slap in the face for asking the same question! And to think we (I) were the ones to steer him onto this career path!

Onto happier things - we struck it lucky when we raced to the Reading Services branch of Greggs, timing it perfectly with 5 minutes to spare before the breakfast offer ended and were rewarded with a bright and chirpy 'I am so sorry but I only have baguettes left, no rolls, so I will let you have sausage and bacon baguettes for the same price as rolls, oh and by the way they cooked far too much bacon so I have to use it up in your baguettes'! What a way to start a holiday.

I have to admit I felt quite sorry for Dawn, (and even more so for Martin) on recounting our lucky breakfast treat. We've all been on a carb free regime for the last month and they have both done REALLY well. Not knowing that we had just stuffed a months worth of carbs in one sitting, she said that she had spent ages in M and S trying to find carb free alternatives, and probably paying a fortune for the privilege - luckily for us we were called to our train before I found out how much she had spent!

Anyway our French trip has begun, thanks for all the interest (although I think it's 'car crash reading' and you're all waiting for the next mishap.....) which will probabky happen tomorrow.... We are sat here sippin wine, listening to the Archers and waiting for our MHF Besties to arrive before strolling into town for Les Huitres - what could be better? Nuffink! Watch this space......

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We still have time to do some duty free shopping... As many of you may be aware Mr Mousy hates shopping with a passion! So we conduct our usual martial dance of me choosing a must have product (in this case rayban sunglasses) and him quickly showing me on his phone where I can buy them cheaper whilst talking me out of buying them at all.
More to follow..

But that's his job;);)

Have a great time (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Really enjoy reading about all your adventures & Ile De Re is on our wishlist so will be following with interest (y):)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We are France bound in 2 weeks, thinking about visiting Ile de Re so will be interested in your posts

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Woken up to beautiful sunshine this morning. We had a lovely evening in a jam packed seafood restaurant last night. Dawn has taken photos of the food and I took these on our walk into town - c'est bonne don't you think....?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Mousy,
Lovely to see you at tunnel , you were lucky than us , we didn't get any cool air or water etc. Just a very very hot journey , dog couldn't get cool even though we sprayed her with water and kept a small fan on her. By the way our train left 16.35 and was full , we were in the second to last carriage.
Hope you and Martin , also cliff and ger all have a great time on the Ile de Re.
We stopped at a new to us parking aire a neufchatel hardelot, very nice parking area with 11 other moho's.
Terry and Ann ------ASBO our cocker

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
View attachment 121599

This was our lovely seafood platter which we washed down with 2 bottles of house white and 3 coffees. Hope you don't mind @Robert Clark but "can you guess the bill?".
That is amazing, I'll guess at €85! What is the exact location of the restaurant as I couldn't find it from the name alone. We will be in Le Crotoy at beginning of September and that looks like my kind of place.
Chris

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I'll give you all some time to guess the bill...meanwhile we awoke to a lovely sunny day and after spending half an hour deciding where to go next we actually moved 10 feet to better pitches at le crotoy!

A leisurely cooked breakfast of roasted peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms supplemented with grilled halloumi bacon and eggs and we were ready for a strenuous bike ride.

Mr Mousy set off and after following behind him and watching him take at least 2 wrong turns I realised that yet again he'd left his glasses behind.

Time spent on the beach..
image.jpg

We decided to try the steam train around the bay.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Notice how we have stopped just short of the stalls!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back