Ile be seeing you..a little Re' of sunshine... (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Those fish stalls look stunning - almost too nice to disturb by buying anything. Only almost.
I cannot tell a lie, this thread has been interesting but I am so disappointed - not a relic in sight as yet. What is the world coming too.:whistle:
But it's not over yet........

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not many relics on the island! ;)We found it full of wealthy , chic Parisians 3 years ago!!:cooler:

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Really enjoying following your posts and photos @Mousy & @cliffandger We love Ile de Re & you are making me very jealous.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not had much internet at the minute so just catching up with the thread, thank you for sharing, it is indeed a beautiful island.
:bear:
For sharing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
20160906_124855.jpg

20160906_124852.jpg

La Flotte at low tide.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
You should have played the guessing game as Robert has no puds now!!

The Yorkshire cry of " 'ow mooch?!:Eeek:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
weather looks excellent, just seen BBC suggesting 40C in France, hopefully you will be slightly cooler on the coast

and I think the cake was OK at that price, but would have bought the strawberry tart :)(y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
weather looks excellent, just seen BBC suggesting 40C in France, hopefully you will be slightly cooler on the coast

and I think the cake was OK at that price, but would have bought the strawberry tart :)(y)

I do love a strawberry tart......

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We love this place so much that we have decided to spend another day here - which means Dawn and Martin have one day less to drive home and we reach Twin Lakes a day late. @Carol will understand - it is just such a beautiful chilled out place. The weather has a lot to do with it - we came off the beach today (Dawn and I very reluctantly) at 7.00pm and it was still REALLY hot and sunny.

Yesterday we valiantly searched for manly body boards, but our endeavours were in vain - we ended up with 'Hello Kitty' Bright pink boards - which the boys hugged close to their underarms, hiding the big cat's face close to their sides as they strode as manfully as they could down to the surf!

image.jpeg

I feel our posts have been very sparce this year, but I make no excuse - we have had the most chilled, non moving, no scrape holiday ever - good for us but very light on MHF posts!

image.jpeg

This was the aftermath of an Oyster, Crevettes and whelks platter that we fell into on the homeward strait of a cycle ride on Sunday morning.

The next day we cycled into La Flotte market .. Huitres a plenty...
image.jpeg

UPDATE..... We weren't able to stay on our pitches for another night so as the wind has picked up we've decided, albeit very reluctantly to stick to original plans. :(

We have had a brilliant holiday with the @Mousy s, with lots of sunshine and laughter. Thanks for sharing it with us Dawn and Martin, and once again we feel so lucky that we sold you those chairs! xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 31

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We enjoyed it and reminiscing it is a lovely island ,it was €16 to cross on to it and free to leave when we did it!!
Thanks for the usual witty blog and sharing your piccies with us all!
Hello kitty boards very cool !!!! We used to leave ours for the next surfers at the end of the holidays!!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Well it's with sadness that we've said goodbye to @cliffandger and left the Ile de Rey.
We've once again enjoyed a fabulous holiday. From the lovely shared seafood platters to Cliffs excellent BBQ s and Gers veg, we have eaten well, the boys supplementing with pain au chocolates and strawberry tarts.

We have introduced Cliff and Ger to The Great British Bakeoff. Ger I think has become an avid fan, Cliff less so!

We have cycled, swam and body boarded in glorious sunshine in warm seas on a beautiful beach.

We've had many a laugh and a giggle and thankfully few mishaps. Although I wish I'd taken a picture of our van stuck in the sand.

Here are some of the pics I did manage to summon the energy to take..
20160908_115055.jpg

20160908_114835.jpg

Our beach. Le Bois.

20160829_142632.jpg

The church under a deep blue sky.
20160829_124942.jpg

So Thanks go to Cliff and Ger for another wonderful time.
In the depths of winter I hope I can remember the sunshine and warmth of this holiday...if not I can always snuggle up to my ridiculously expensive pashmina..yes funsters I succumbed.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well it's with sadness that we've said goodbye to @cliffandger and left the Ile de Rey.
We've once again enjoyed a fabulous holiday. From the lovely shared seafood platters to Cliffs excellent BBQ s and Gers veg, we have eaten well, the boys supplementing with pain au chocolates and strawberry tarts.

We have introduced Cliff and Ger to The Great British Bakeoff. Ger I think has become an avid fan, Cliff less so!

We have cycled, swam and body boarded in glorious sunshine in warm seas on a beautiful beach.

We've had many a laugh and a giggle and thankfully few mishaps. Although I wish I'd taken a picture of our van stuck in the sand.

Here are some of the pics I did manage to summon the energy to take..
View attachment 123222
View attachment 123225
Our beach. Le Bois.

View attachment 123226
The church under a deep blue sky.
View attachment 123228

So Thanks go to Cliff and Ger for another wonderful time.
In the depths of winter I hope I can remember the sunshine and warmth of this holiday...if not I can always snuggle up to my ridiculously expensive pashmina..yes funsters I succumbed.
Yay!! It wouldn't be a holiday without a pashmina purchase!!(y)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just caught up whilst our Dutch internet is behaving. What a lovely time you've had and fantastic photos.

Thanks for sharing. Your holiday is yours. You don't need to feel guilty for not posting as much as usual. Why should you? What you've posted is quality if not quantity!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes Dawn succumbed, to not just a Pashmina, but a button through multi functional one - indeed the very chic Frenchman in the shop spent at least 10 minutes demonstrating every which way you could wear it to great effect - I think that's what swayed her decision to buy it!

We have arrived at Twin Lakes, and this is the view from the van!
image.jpeg

Same blue sky, different colour water!

Have a safe trip back @Mousy s, and I hope Carrefour are a bit more organised for you this time! xx

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
20160908_180103.jpg

Where are you Clifton? We are at La suze Sur Sarthe and we could do with a BBQ.

20160908_180023.jpg

@cliffandger we've spent a pleasant afternoon sat by the river. The campsite is closed so on the Aire (€5).
Off to the same restaurant we met the lovely @Les at.
Twin lakes looks smashing. Wishing you both tight lines.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Of
View attachment 123309
Where are you Clifton? We are at La suze Sur Sarthe and we could do with a BBQ.

View attachment 123311
@cliffandger we've spent a pleasant afternoon sat by the river. The campsite is closed so on the Aire (€5).
Off to the same restaurant we met the lovely @Les at.
Twin lakes looks smashing. Wishing you both tight lines.
We often stay at la Suze on our way north but the emptying and water Bourne is rank and never use it!! I blame the boat people ,MHers would never leave it like that!!!;)

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Nice spot La Suze nice to met you all there who would have guessed see weathers still good,,safe travels

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We had a nice meal in the restaurant, Martin helped me eat mine, so I had to roll him back down the hill.
We slept under a carpet of stars and I was fortunate to see a shooting star through the hatch window, an owl spent most of the night hooting, then the church bells chimed at 7.00am.
Lots of Moho's on the Aire but no Funsters. Most have moved off this morning but we are in no hurry to leave this sunshine.

As I type this Martin has wandered up into town on his morning crossiant hunt.
20160908_180128.jpg

We moved the van from the shade of the chestnut tree in the aire into the sun by the river bank and managed to leave the sat dish up and the step out. Must improve our moving off drills sharpish!

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Enjoyed the blog, added a couple of sites to our list.
I hope that you are keeping alert to the Hello Kitty gift range for Martin and Cliff, maybe matching manbags or hats.:D

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Just to cheer up Phil.... today's disaster...

I'm sat outside in a restaurant in St vallery Sur mer. We've parked in the aire and ridden the bikes down a very steep hill (mine with only a dodgy front brake). I got off and suggested we leave the bikes locked up and walk into town for a meal, to save having to push them back up. "Good idea" says Martin... "except I've only got the keys, I've forgotten the bike lock"
Forgodssakemartin says I.
Luckily ive a Dutch lock on mine so we only push his down the hill.

We choose a restaurant and are enjoying the meal, when he utters the immortal words....

"Is my wallet in your handbag?"

After a mildly frantic search "no it's not.... forgodssakemartin" I wail.

So I'm sat here waiting for my desert with no way of paying, I've ordered him a tart. Not that he deserves it. Let's hope he arrives back before the bill does....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back