Eurotunnel

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bellboy, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bellboy

bellboy Read Only Funster

We returned from France with our friends yesterday and had to report to the pet passport office first. Whilst we were there an illegal immigrant climbed under his camper without him realising. When we pulled out of the enclosure we were aware of several young men in the bushes. We were a bit alarmed by this but procedded through the various stages before entering the train. Approximately 2 hours later whilst following our friends on the M25 we could see something under his van. I thought at first a bin bag had blown under but my husband immediately thought it was an immigrant. We alerted our friends who thought we were just messing about. However a couple of miles down the road we hit a traffic jam and came to a halt and out from underneath the camper came a young black gentleman and he just walked down the hard shoulder of the M25. We tel eurotunnel and they said the pet passport office was out of their jurisdiction and that they had made 3 arrests that morning when people were attempting to break into caravans. I cannot believe that there was absolutely no security at this point and that nobody checked under the motorhomes when we were stopped to check that the gas had been switched on. From now on we will get the dog out of the camper at the waiting area so that we can check underneath ourselves. I did call the police but don't expect anything came of it

• Like Like x 5
  2. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Looks as if the clamp down on the lorries has pushed them our way, see Flying Scotsman's post but ignore the bitching :)

3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Hi Bellboy - pleased to see you are still travelling.

Out of interest what time of day did you take on your extra passenger? (y)

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Well done that man...

Result!

JJ :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. bellboy

It was about 8.30 am and boarded the tunnel at 9.50 am. Certainly looks like we're being targeted. Apparently lorry drivers were receiving fines and have stopped reporting having extra passengers!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

I am not bitching I just put wat happened but apparently it's impossible to get under a van well not in this case...... Ha ho

7. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

not the only one then eh.......

8. Steve

Steve Funster Life Member

bitch, bitch, bitch thats all you mh's do, i would love a passenger iam soooo looonly:lipssealed:

9. ukbill

ukbill Funster

what sort of mh was it please as for security i agree with you there isnt any

10. bellboy

It was a rapido a class. We've got a pilots a class but they wouldn't be able to get under.

11. dewaltman

dewaltman

I was that person belboy speaks about what's worrying is the lack of security right through the boarding process

12. bellboy

Exactly. It's impossible to board a cruise ship or board a plane but its so easy to enter the tunnel

13. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

Better keep my eyes peeled going to France tomorrow

14. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

Eurotunnel have informed that they are aware of immigrants getting onto Motorhomes at the Pet Check In area at Calais and have now stepped up security. I have raised the question that that area is inside the perimeter fence of Eurotunnel and that is my main concern. They are making further enquiries and will get back to me in due course. I put it to Eurotunnel that the person on my Motorhome could have had a bomb strapped to him and we all know what could have happened there. So if you are under the delusion that they can't get under the motorhome.......they do.
    It is time to stop the bitching on Motorhome Fun and start taking these warning comments seriously

• Like Like x 19
  15. Badknee

Badknee Funster

I don't think the worry is going out blue lol.

16. Badknee

Badknee Funster

I just wonder if it will take a tragedy before something is done?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

That's wat I said to them. So they said it will go higher

18. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

Ha ha i was thinking off the coming home

19. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Not sure I want to come home via Calais if this is happening. Apart from anything else I would never be able to forgive myself if the stowaway died or was injured.

It is astounding at where someone will hide if they are desperate. My son had to deal with a casualty at an airport where a man had managed to wrap himself around the wheel of an aircraft. The extra passenger didn't survive :(

The :( is for the man's family who will never know what happened to him and for the people who had to deal with the aftermath - and for the man himself.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

When someone drives over the person that falls off in their MH what then? are they going to be held accountable or even worse taken to court for murder!!!!!

When we crossed in UK 2 weeks ago I stood at rear of MH whilst wife was in Pet place and I could see them thinking about it........ Maybe the answer is when you get to the passport check to say "I'm not sure if anyone got under my MH and get them to check it - only takes a few minutes. Worth it I think........

• Like Like x 7