bellboy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
We returned from France with our friends yesterday and had to report to the pet passport office first. Whilst we were there an illegal immigrant climbed under his camper without him realising. When we pulled out of the enclosure we were aware of several young men in the bushes. We were a bit alarmed by this but procedded through the various stages before entering the train. Approximately 2 hours later whilst following our friends on the M25 we could see something under his van. I thought at first a bin bag had blown under but my husband immediately thought it was an immigrant. We alerted our friends who thought we were just messing about. However a couple of miles down the road we hit a traffic jam and came to a halt and out from underneath the camper came a young black gentleman and he just walked down the hard shoulder of the M25. We tel eurotunnel and they said the pet passport office was out of their jurisdiction and that they had made 3 arrests that morning when people were attempting to break into caravans. I cannot believe that there was absolutely no security at this point and that nobody checked under the motorhomes when we were stopped to check that the gas had been switched on. From now on we will get the dog out of the camper at the waiting area so that we can check underneath ourselves. I did call the police but don't expect anything came of it

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks as if the clamp down on the lorries has pushed them our way, see Flying Scotsman's post but ignore the bitching :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Bellboy - pleased to see you are still travelling.

Out of interest what time of day did you take on your extra passenger? (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

bellboy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
It was about 8.30 am and boarded the tunnel at 9.50 am. Certainly looks like we're being targeted. Apparently lorry drivers were receiving fines and have stopped reporting having extra passengers!!

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Looks as if the clamp down on the lorries has pushed them our way, see Flying Scotsman's post but ignore the bitching :)
I am not bitching I just put wat happened but apparently it's impossible to get under a van well not in this case...... Ha ho

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We returned from France with our friends yesterday and had to report to the pet passport office first. Whilst we were there an illegal immigrant climbed under his camper without him realising. When we pulled out of the enclosure we were aware of several young men in the bushes. We were a bit alarmed by this but procedded through the various stages before entering the train. Approximately 2 hours later whilst following our friends on the M25 we could see something under his van. I thought at first a bin bag had blown under but my husband immediately thought it was an immigrant. We alerted our friends who thought we were just messing about. However a couple of miles down the road we hit a traffic jam and came to a halt and out from underneath the camper came a young black gentleman and he just walked down the hard shoulder of the M25. We tel eurotunnel and they said the pet passport office was out of their jurisdiction and that they had made 3 arrests that morning when people were attempting to break into caravans. I cannot believe that there was absolutely no security at this point and that nobody checked under the motorhomes when we were stopped to check that the gas had been switched on. From now on we will get the dog out of the camper at the waiting area so that we can check underneath ourselves. I did call the police but don't expect anything came of it
not the only one then eh.......

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
bitch, bitch, bitch thats all you mh's do, i would love a passenger iam soooo looonly:lipssealed:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
what sort of mh was it please as for security i agree with you there isnt any

OP
OP
B

bellboy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
It was a rapido a class. We've got a pilots a class but they wouldn't be able to get under.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I was that person belboy speaks about what's worrying is the lack of security right through the boarding process

OP
OP
B

bellboy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Exactly. It's impossible to board a cruise ship or board a plane but its so easy to enter the tunnel

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Eurotunnel have informed that they are aware of immigrants getting onto Motorhomes at the Pet Check In area at Calais and have now stepped up security. I have raised the question that that area is inside the perimeter fence of Eurotunnel and that is my main concern. They are making further enquiries and will get back to me in due course. I put it to Eurotunnel that the person on my Motorhome could have had a bomb strapped to him and we all know what could have happened there. So if you are under the delusion that they can't get under the motorhome.......they do.
It is time to stop the bitching on Motorhome Fun and start taking these warning comments seriously

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Ha ha i was thinking off the coming home

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not sure I want to come home via Calais if this is happening. Apart from anything else I would never be able to forgive myself if the stowaway died or was injured.

It is astounding at where someone will hide if they are desperate. My son had to deal with a casualty at an airport where a man had managed to wrap himself around the wheel of an aircraft. The extra passenger didn't survive :(

The :( is for the man's family who will never know what happened to him and for the people who had to deal with the aftermath - and for the man himself.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
When someone drives over the person that falls off in their MH what then? are they going to be held accountable or even worse taken to court for murder!!!!!

When we crossed in UK 2 weeks ago I stood at rear of MH whilst wife was in Pet place and I could see them thinking about it........ Maybe the answer is when you get to the passport check to say "I'm not sure if anyone got under my MH and get them to check it - only takes a few minutes. Worth it I think........

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Oh my. We are leaving next week and was worried re coming back re the area at Pets Passport. Now I shall be even more worried. Will have to be very vigilant. Surely they should have better security at the Tunnel. As always the French put the blame on us Brits for not doing enough. Why can't the French deport these immigrants, why let them amass at Calais?

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Oh my. We are leaving next week and was worried re coming back re the area at Pets Passport. Now I shall be even more worried. Will have to be very vigilant. Surely they should have better security at the Tunnel. As always the French put the blame on us Brits for not doing enough. Why can't the French deport these immigrants, why let them amass at Calais?
Rita. Not trying to be a scaremonger. Just go away and enjoy your holiday. Stupid remarks other people post don't help. It's a serious matter and we just need to be vigilant

OP
OP
B

bellboy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
I'm sure it only happens at the dog passport area. If you have a dog I would let him check under the van before going onto the train or insist that the security staff who check the gas actually look under your van.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
R

Rita, you will be fine DO NOT WORRY about it. Have a good holiday.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm sure it only happens at the dog passport area. If you have a dog I would let him check under the van before going onto the train or insist that the security staff who check the gas actually look under your van.
No dog unless you count me.
We will wait and see if security is tightened before deciding on any cross channel route next year.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
maybe to get the security needed at the tunnel is to protest with out journeys and boycott it for a while

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Rita. Not trying to be a scaremonger. Just go away and enjoy your holiday. Stupid remarks other people post don't help. It's a serious matter and we just need to be vigilant

Agree with OP go enjoy your holiday and don't worry about the silly remarks by others
" I blame the message clockometer"(n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back