LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It must be me, ours is due early March, seems too soon would quite happy to wait another month, it's only another van.

Ah - but you're probably only getting another A class Hymer, and you never forget your first love*

*Other first things not to forget are available, just can't remember what they are at the moment (y)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ah - but you're probably only getting another A class Hymer, and you never forget your first love*

*Other first things not to forget are available, just can't remember what they are at the moment (y)
Yep and almost the same layout as the current one.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
well, as the month of delivery approaches......................the bay of evilness is my friend:confused:

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
5 weeks tomorrow for us! Been out shopping today - crockery, pans, tea-towels, kitchen utensils, placemats and coasters. Already got all the bedding. Main things we need now are cutlery and towels.

Could anyone tell me please, do new motorhomes generally come equipped with fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon dioxide alarms?

Upvote 0

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
5 weeks tomorrow for us! Been out shopping today - crockery, pans, tea-towels, kitchen utensils, placemats and coasters. Already got all the bedding. Main things we need now are cutlery and towels.

Could anyone tell me please, do new motorhomes generally come equipped with fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon dioxide alarms?
Our Flair did not.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Mickey1 Although only about 10 minutes in total, I learned quite a lot. Firstly, the instructor told me about how the rear axle is your 'pivot' point when turning. The 'van had a little furry 'bobble' thing stuck at the top centre of each rear wheel arch which could be seen in the mirrors. I was told to start the turn manoeuvre when this was level with the corner/obstruction. She advised to put some stick on reflectors on the centre of the rear wheel arches as a reference point. She then told me how to set up the mirrors correctly, particularly the lower blindspot one, firstly having it set wrong and then she walked outwards from the back, the doing the same with it set correctly. The actual driving was just a couple of minutes, negotiating a cone 'roundabout' twice, then reversing back between cones to the starting position. I was concentrating so much on the mirrors that I didn't notice the size of the vehicle! I would really like to do the full day course, so will see how I feel once we get it, whether I need it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Practice makes perfect, Good luck with your new motorhome when you get it.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

German ones don't but UK ones have a smoke detector.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Got a bit of a shock yesterday, found out you can no longer click a button on DVLA website to order and import pack but have to phone them.
Still on the tranquilisers, firstly the phone number was easy to find and after spending 10 mins negotiating their phone menu it was all sorted in minutes. They appear to have responded to all the criticism and got their act together, lets hope it stays that way when I come to register the van.

On the negative side I found out to have to retain a personal plate before exporting a vehicle so I did it online yesterday. So now got to buy a new set of plates (£12 on eBay) probably cost me when I inform the insurance company.
Afterward I did wonder if I could have done it after taking the vehicle over as I found out it is done instantly online apart from getting a new V5 but might cause problems as the new reg number would not tie up with the paperwork. Not worth the risk to save around 30 quid.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

I know it's probably just a typo, but that will be a Carbon Monoxide alarm, a Carbon Dioxide alarm would get on your nerves I imagine :whistle::D

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Everytime you post @mickey I think "only two days behind you". Booked a hire car last week for a one way journey to Walsall - much cheaper than the train. Must ring Hayes to see when we will know the reg number so we can sort insurance, I don't want to be on the last minute with it. Now looking for somewhere to go for Easter but places seem to be getting booked up.

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
France is a good place to go for Easter...they don't do much so things don't get so crowded:)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Well, I rang Hayes today and they have our motorhome in - yippee :D2. They haven't had the registration back from DVLA yet so don't have a registration number. However, we have today joined the Caravan Club (I know, I know, possibly a bit contraversial to some ;)), and have booked for Easter weekend at Garlieston Caravan Club site. It looks really nice and this will possibly be our first official site stay (apart from Cornish Farm of course). Now I AM getting really excited. @mickey, bet you haven't booked your first site yet, have you? :giggle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@Diggerdi. Glad to hear you are getting further forward, I haven't got anything booked at the moment . I am still in Thailand until the 21st, so I will have a week to sought out insurance before pick up.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Well, I rang Hayes today and they have our motorhome in - yippee :D2. They haven't had the registration back from DVLA yet so don't have a registration number. However, we have today joined the Caravan Club (I know, I know, possibly a bit contraversial to some ;)), and have booked for Easter weekend at Garlieston Caravan Club site. It looks really nice and this will possibly be our first official site stay (apart from Cornish Farm of course). Now I AM getting really excited. @mickey, bet you haven't booked your first site yet, have you? :giggle:
I'm feeling your excitement building :D, for me it's still dragging, but at least I'm another month closer to April !

I wouldn't worry about joining the CC, I'm a member of both the big clubs, which for the relatively low annual fee opens up a UK network of CLs and CSs, as well as dropping in to some of their excellent sites, as and when the whim takes me. This gives me the flexibility to join family or friends, for shorter or extended visits, wherever or whenever (y)

Along with many excellent private sites and the ability to wild camp from here on in, I think that's all bases pretty much covered :whistle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I haven't thought about joining any of the clubs at the moment, guess I'll have to read up on them to see if they're worth it. I also had a email from my dealer saying he's waiting for the registration number, now that's got me a little more excited.:Grin:

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Already got my reg number its the same as the old van dealer doing all the paperwork to change it over but May feels like a life time away

Paul

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Already got my reg number its the same as the old van dealer doing all the paperwork to change it over but May feels like a life time away

Paul
Changed mine on Monday just need the new now.:)

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I haven't thought about joining any of the clubs at the moment, guess I'll have to read up on them to see if they're worth it. I also had a email from my dealer saying he's waiting for the registration number, now that's got me a little more excited.:Grin:

Mickey.
March will soon be here, then both you as thread starter and a few others will be out of here, doing it for real instead of talking about it, soon to followed by me and the few that are left behind, but please don't feel guilty or anything like that :whistle::D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back