LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
...., i even think we have everything we need to go in it:whistle:, even the pitch saver sign:rolleyes:

I hope you didn't pay too much for your sign, there are loads lying around on club sites if you keep your eyes peeled. I think people just drive off and forget they are there :whistle:

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
I hope you didn't pay too much for your sign, there are loads lying around on club sites if you keep your eyes peeled. I think people just drive off and forget they are there :whistle:
Ooh, what are the chances of finding one with our reg no on? Save me a bit o' money :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

i 'aquired' :whistle: the sign base shall we say, then got the sticker with reg no. on from evilbay to put on!

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
@skylinersi, you're ahead of us then, we haven't got our pitch saver sign . Got everything else though ......... oh, except mugs. Must go and get some .

and a muggi holder for the mugs dont forget!! well i think we have everything, a few bits to get.......loo chems and the like, and we are currently building the bespoke dog guard to fit front and rear of the underbed garage for ratbag, all will be powder coated and super shiny! not that ratbag will care i guess:unsure: tbh i have found so much stuff available...........i have been banned by jayne from further shopping exercises until we have the van:(

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@skylinersi, I'm sure we will find lots that we need once we get it. Have got duvets, pillows and bedding, towels & teatowels (lots of teatowels to stop rattles :D2), crockery, pans, cutlery & utensils, coathangers (the first things we bought lol), and some other bits and pieces. Doesn't sound very much. We already had an outside table and chairs, although we may need some comfier ones. Won't be having a barbecue (work of the devil :eek:) or bicycles. We are getting a pack from the dealer with hook-up cable, levelling ramps, toilet chemical (which we won't need, will use Lidl/Aldi bio washing tablets) and some of that special(?) toilet paper.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
i 'aquired' :whistle: the sign base shall we say, then got the sticker with reg no. on from evilbay to put on!

I was only joking about them lying around on sites :D

I made a quality one for my now ex inlaws several years ago, from two rectangular pieces of marine ply, high gloss varnished and joined at the top with a brass piano hinge. I bought a plastic sign from the Caravan Club, green background with white writing and it was quite professional looking when finished.

My driveaway awning does the pitch reserving for me now.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017

You find quite a few of those awnings lying around on pitches too. I usually take a few as I'm leaving - helps tidy the place up a bit (y) :)

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
:D This is so familiar

Did you forget the following

Carbon monoxide alarm
Smoke alarm
Mini fire extinguisher
Camping lamp
Mini Bluetooth speaker
Mozzie spray

:)

@skylinersi, I'm sure we will find lots that we need once we get it. Have got duvets, pillows and bedding, towels & teatowels (lots of teatowels to stop rattles :D2), crockery, pans, cutlery & utensils, coathangers (the first things we bought lol), and some other bits and pieces. Doesn't sound very much. We already had an outside table and chairs, although we may need some comfier ones. Won't be having a barbecue (work of the devil :eek:) or bicycles. We are getting a pack from the dealer with hook-up cable, levelling ramps, toilet chemical (which we won't need, will use Lidl/Aldi bio washing tablets) and some of that special(?) toilet paper.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just about see the light at the end of the tunnel, 2 weeks to go. I'll be back in the UK next Tuesday, hope its not too cold for me.

Mickey.
Bl**dy freezing we got back 4 weeks ago after 6 weeks in Thailand visiting our daughter, still not got used to this awful weather.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Chris Laing, I'm waiting to see what, if any, of those first three are in when we get it. Already have a mini bluetooth speaker. Do need a good torch for possible night-time loo visits, but will probably just use the onboard facilities :giggle:. Won't need mozzie spray 'til next year when we go to Scotland. (Oh heck, just realised we're going to SW Scotland st Easter).

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
:D This is so familiar

Did you forget the following

Carbon monoxide alarm
Smoke alarm
Mini fire extinguisher
Camping lamp
Mini Bluetooth speaker
Mozzie spray

:)

smoke alarm yup, co, not yet evilbay here we come......fire ext. yup, lamp, yup, a few!, mozzie spray in what way?, killer or anti mozzie spray?

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

ah, tea towels.........bugger, will get. got a bomb load of the special loo roll lol (on offer!), coathangers will get............. rest of stuff we have from camping (plus more probly!) dealer is sorting us silver screens, ramps,chocs, alarm, etc.........

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
It's just struck me that it seems there's going to be quite a few newbie, inexperienced motorhome drivers all on the road together at the beginning of March. Let's hope we're not all in the same place!

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

I made a quality one for my now ex inlaws several years ago, from two rectangular pieces of marine ply, high gloss varnished and joined at the top with a brass piano hinge. I bought a plastic sign from the Caravan Club, green background with white writing and it was quite professional looking when finished.

its amazing what one finds lying around at work..........caution wet floor.............need i go on:whistle:

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
It's just struck me that it seems there's going to be quite a few newbie, inexperienced motorhome drivers all on the road together at the beginning of March. Let's hope we're not all in the same place!

thatll annoy the car drivers!, a long line of MH's on the lanes, all being super cautious of their new vans:)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@skylinersi, re coathangers, sounds silly but when we saw the ones we got, we knew we had to get them. They're from Dunelm Mills and are flock covered. Won't rattle and the clothes shouldn't slip off.

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
@skylinersi, re coathangers, sounds silly but when we saw the ones we got, we knew we had to get them. They're from Dunelm Mills and are flock covered. Won't rattle and the clothes shouldn't slip off.

good idea!, also we have bought a disklok, used one on me cars for years, great visible deterrent, thatcham cat 3 approved, shame my car one didnt fit though:(

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@skylinersi, notice you're from the Midlands. We're getting our motorhome from Walsall, so suggest you avoid that area on the afternoon of 3rd March:whatthe:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Looks like I'm going to have a busy week when I get home, I haven't got anything yet. It'll be a last minute shopping spree the weekend before picking it up. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their new motorhomes.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Looks like I'm going to have a busy week when I get home, I haven't got anything yet. It'll be a last minute shopping spree the weekend before picking it up. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their new motorhomes.

Mickey.

Mickey, best of luck with the shopping spree, as mentioned i have been banned from shopping for it now:(
but double check the list as you go, as its the less 'fun' things u may forget, like me with the monoxide detector:cry: - now purchased. im sure all of us on here will help you out as you go...........bet you cant wait!!:)

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Just been told that the build has begun on our Van and it will be finished by the end of next week ... allow 2 weeks for the transport company to send and another two for the dealer to register etc. so I'm guessing 5 more weeks for us (y) :)

Beginning to feel like it's really coming now ;)

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Just been told that the build has begun on our Van and it will be finished by the end of next week ... allow 2 weeks for the transport company to send and another two for the dealer to register etc. so I'm guessing 5 more weeks for us (y) :)

Beginning to feel like it's really coming now ;)

omg!, thats great news:), and you'll get yours before us:(

kidding, thats really good, you got your shopping list done?:eek:

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
omg!, thats great news:), and you'll get yours before us:(

kidding, thats really good, you got your shopping list done?:eek:

It's still in bits in Germany though so I'm not counting anything yet!

As far as shopping goes I am torn as 1) I don't know exactly what will come with it (and before everybody tells me I should negotiate with the dealer, I negotiated on price already and I'm not starting again any more than he will be ;) ); 2) Many say that you should take your house stuff first and then see what you need by experience (but where's the fun in that? ;) ) and 3) I went to IKEA with a list but fled in tears ...

I have bought a mifi so that I can get on here and a fire/CO alarm but not much else. :confused:

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
It's still in bits in Germany though so I'm not counting anything yet!

As far as shopping goes I am torn as 1) I don't know exactly what will come with it (and before everybody tells me I should negotiate with the dealer, I negotiated on price already and I'm not starting again any more than he will be ;) ); 2) Many say that you should take your house stuff first and then see what you need by experience (but where's the fun in that? ;) ) and 3) I went to IKEA with a list but fled in tears ...

I have bought a mifi so that I can get on here and a fire/CO alarm but not much else. :confused:

ok ikea does that to me too:eek:

im hardly the person to advise on lists, we're probly over payload weight already!!

just think to start with what you'll need to live, we had a lsit from when we camped in tent :rolleyes: so we have a start!, maybe a new thread asking peeps may be the way?

si, jayne and saul(y)

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I went to IKEA three times, way back when the store opened near the Metrocentre at Gateshead.

Bought a kitchen clock on the first visit, took it back for a replacement on the second visit and took the replacement back on my third and last visit, when I got my money back.

I'm pleased all your delivery times are rapidly approaching and the excitement building (y)

Upvote 0

Ronniddire

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Burstner 728
Exp
Im a Newbie
Hi all. Reading through some of the posts i can see I'm not the only one not being impatient about the arrival date for the MH. We ordered our Burstner 728 in Oct and bid date was first week in Feb. We are now told from the dealer Burstner are saying May but he does not know if its the build date or the delivery date. The reason has been put down to a delay on the Maxi chassis.
I was just wandering if anyone else was encountering the same problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back