LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've just found this thread and I'm another 'excitedly waiting' member.

Deposit went down on an Auto-Sleeper conversion in October at the NEC and will be due for collection in April. Not wanting to wish my life away, but I so wish it was April !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
....The main inconvenience for us is the boxes of gear from our old MH just hanging around in the garage, sheds etc waiting to be sorted and repacked. We'll cope.
I'm a member of that particular club too, with a loft full of motorhome gear. It's not so much of an inconvenience as there's plenty of space, but I am looking forward to having a clear out once the van arrives.

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We are picking up our Autosleeper EL DUO in March when we return from our month in Spain,(Benidorm hotel), our is one year old with 1400 miles on it,
I reckon that the previous owner has lost approximately £11K + in taxes, that's why we didn't buy a new one, I grudge every penny I have to pay in taxes , could also be cuz I'm a tight git as well.!

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I am in the complete opposite camp. Saw a bargain just before the NEC. Salesman said he only had 15 of them and 10 were sold leaving 5 available for NEC. More or less what we wanted so stuck my 10 per cent down. Price at NEC for bog standard model went up £3k overnight. With all the extras thrown in (getting to near to £3k) we (on paper) saved £6k by not buying that motor on the new reg however it is the 2017 version which we picked up in November and did the markets in Bruges and Gravelines as our taster.
Now if i was given the choice back in September, I would have loaded the garage up, gone without 6 months road tax and insurance and taken the motor in time for france in April 17 and had the great feeling of owning a "17" motor.
PS there is no way the dealer would have kept it for 6 months for me !

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I suggest that you 'Remind' the Dealer NOT to C*ck up the Registration process that could leave you with a huge, up front, first Registration charge due to the change in Emissions law. Others will be more attuned to advise accordingly.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Can I suggest that you 'Remind' the Dealer NOT to C*ck up the Registration process that could leave you with a huge, up front, first Registration charge due to the change in Emissions law. Others will be more attuned to advise accordingly.
They've paying for registration and tax, Thanks anyway.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Grahmes

Free Member
Oct 2, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E795
Exp
I am counting down too - only been in the garage for 3 days for repairs!

Nothing new for us-just a new mot!

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
They've paying for registration and tax, Thanks anyway.
Mickey.

Fair enough and I'm no expert, (absolutely NO chance of me buying new) but if the dealer does cock it up, would that leave you liable for some fall out in year 2 or is it only First Reg. where the pain lies. As said, I don't know.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Fair enough and I'm no expert, (absolutely NO chance of me buying new) but if the dealer does cock it up, would that leave you liable for some fall out in year 2 or is it only First Reg. where the pain lies. As said, I don't know.
I don't know either, real newbie, but I'm sure someone here will know. Many thanks to all .
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Another slooooooooooow week gone by, now down to 6 WEEKS.
Mickey.

Know exactly what you mean. Latest word on mine is "to be built mid Feb so a March delivery should still be ok". Slightly reassuring but still no date.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
6 weeks on Friday for us too. Posted on another thread that we've booked into Vanbitz for the following week, so road trip to Taunton. Off to the Manchester motorhome show tomorrow to buy a few (!) bits and go on the Caravan Club manoeuvring course - terrified, never driven anything so big, so definitely need to do it.

Upvote 0

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
We went through all of this last year ,we ordered in august and had to wait untill march for the van to be delivered to the dealer then more wait as they added more stuff and a final pick up in early April ,boy was it a long month during march

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& year 3 , 4, & 5 .Before it reverts to the road tax only.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
You've now got me thinking something could go wrong, how long does it take to register and how could he c,ck it up?.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You've now got me thinking something could go wrong, how long does it take to register and how could he c,ck it up?.
Mickey.
By entering the emission figures from the base vehicle C of C on the application instead of leaving the box blank as there are no emissions on the final C of C. If this happens you will get charger the 300 quid and DVLA will refuse to change it.
There is another thread about it happening to a Bailey owner DVLA wouldn't budge.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thanks Lenny, I don't understand it , but I'll let him know what you've said.. does it take any length of time to register or can it be done in a day?.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks Lenny, I don't understand it , but I'll let him know what you've said.. does it take any length of time to register or can it be done in a day?.
Mickey.
Last time it took me over a month but that was a personal import.
With dealers cars can be done the same day as dealers have access to DVLA system most Motorhome dealers do not have this so can take anything from a few days to a couple of weeks depends how busy DVLA are.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
That's going to make things a little different for me, My plan was to get back in the UK on the 21st of feb, get insurance the next day and go to see the motorhome before parting with the rest of the money. So I can't see him attempting to register until he has the cash, I wanted it registered on the 1st of march, we'll just have to see.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
That's going to make things a little different for me, My plan was to get back in the UK on the 21st of feb, get insurance the next day and go to see the motorhome before parting with the rest of the money. So I can't see him attempting to register until he has the cash, I wanted it registered on the 1st of march, we'll just have to see.
Mickey.

I stand to be corrected, but certainly with car dealerships I have worked in, in the past, and what I'm expecting to happen at my MH dealership is that they have all the paperwork done by the 'delivery date' and that is when the balance of money changes hands - unless there's some manoeuvring to have the funds cleared on the pick up day. It's usual for the Registration number to be released previously from this to help with Insurance cover etc. I would certainly expect the dealer to register the vehicle in advance - that's a "given".

Upvote 0

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
We too are counting down the days! We ordered an Auto-Sleepers Broadway FB at the NEC in October. We were told it wouldn't be available until late February at the earliest, so said in that case we may as well go for registration on 1st March or asap thereafter. Were then told in November that it was due to roll off the production line on 1st March and should be available for collection in the middle of the month. Hope it's not delayed because (a) we are so looking forward to it and (b) are booked in to Vanbitz on 7th April to have an alarm system fitted. I was a bit worried about the new tax regulations if not registered until on or after 1st April but, as part of the deal, we are having it up-plated to over 3500 Kg so having looked into it I think we are OK.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We are still waiting for an expected delivery date, possibly in May, for a PVC we ordered at the NEC in October. Until we get a date it just seems a distant dream.

Meanwhile, that reminds me, must start prepping the Westy for a private sale.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I stand to be corrected, but certainly with car dealerships I have worked in, in the past, and what I'm expecting to happen at my MH dealership is that they have all the paperwork done by the 'delivery date' and that is when the balance of money changes hands - unless there's some manoeuvring to have the funds cleared on the pick up day. It's usual for the Registration number to be released previously from this to help with Insurance cover etc. I would certainly expect the dealer to register the vehicle in advance - that's a "given".
Thanks, That makes me feel a whole lot better.
Mickey.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Burstner on order from Chelston, build week April, delivery May /June. Need to try and get a more definite date as we want to have toys added at Vanbitz and after contacting them this week their slots are filling up.

Countdown before that though is FREEDOM DAY, 31 March, I will be taking retirement 3 years early. Countdown to DELIVERY DAY will start in earnest on 1 April

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
UPDATE:D

the van will be ready april:eek: so earlier than expected, excitement all over again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all:) but oh my god................
sorry.
a bit
well ok, not much............o_O

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
UPDATE:D

the van will be ready april:eek: so earlier than expected, excitement all over again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all:) but oh my god................
sorry.
a bit
well ok, not much............o_O

Wowser - that's a full two months early isn't it? If ours was two months early it would be on the drive by now. Think I'll just go and check ... just in case ;)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back