Countdown (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
However, we have today joined the Caravan Club (I know, I know, possibly a bit contraversial to some ;)), :giggle:

We joined the CC for our first night in November and sort of felt pushed into it due location and only been members only when we wanted to go. Really glad we did now as used a few sites and they are excellent facilities. We're have a lot of trips planned now this year and the CC sites are our safe zone if we're unsure where to stay as we know they will be ok.

Enjoy

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Does anyone had a rough idea of the delivery timeline once Registration details has been confirmed.
Will my dealer already have my new motorhome or could it still be on the production line?
My date is end of March start of April, but ive not phoned to get confirmation just letting the process take its course.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Our dealer had a block of 15 registration numbers which all began with the same 2 letters and numbers but then the last 3 letters were slightly different (in fact it was only the last letter)
He then gave us a choice of the 8 or so that were left and this may mean that you can get something that means something.
I went for BWJ. The wife wasnt impressed !

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does anyone had a rough idea of the delivery timeline once Registration details has been confirmed.
Will my dealer already have my new motorhome or could it still be on the production line?
My date is end of March start of April, but ive not phoned to get confirmation just letting the process take its course.
If the dealer has confirmed registration details surely he has the van, or do you mean he has given you a choice of reg numbers from his allocation. If the latter doesn't mean a thing would depend on the manufacturer, if a german van it will probably be on time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I was just given the choice of number plate. Its French so I presume it wont be on time;)

If the dealer has confirmed registration details surely he has the van, or do you mean he has given you a choice of reg numbers from his allocation. If the latter doesn't mean a thing would depend on the manufacturer, if a german van it will probably be on time.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
@Chris Laing, ours is also French and is already at the dealers even though we're not picking it up intil 3 March. Haven't got our reg no though, when I rang last Friday they were waiting for the registration details from DVLA

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Still no date for us :cry:

Just 'March'.

Not even which March ... ;)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Vanman, were you hoping for 1 March collection? We were told when we ordered in August that they would aim to have the motorhome on their premises in January, and when I rang early January they said w/c 23rd, and that was exactly right. I would hate not to know, especially so near to the time. So far I have nothing but praise for Hayes Leisure.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
@Vanman, were you hoping for 1 March collection? We were told when we ordered in August that they would aim to have the motorhome on their premises in January, and when I rang early January they said w/c 23rd, and that was exactly right. I would hate not to know, especially so near to the time. So far I have nothing but praise for Hayes Leisure.

Hi @Diggerdi We ordered ours at the NEC in November and were told March-June as it's a new build with a few customisations. We didn't want it before 1st March as we wanted it with a 2017 plate and wanted Winter to be largely gone ...

We were told last month that Globecar would be building it 'mid Feb' and that still appears to hold true, they just are not tying themselves down to a particular week/day, not the dealers fault. The dealer should have it in March and will need to fit reversing camera and register it etc. once they have it too.

On the up side the dealer did let us choose from their available registrations so all being well we won't end up with PO17 BUM ;)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Chris Laing, I've just this minute got off the phone after arranging the insurance. Yes, we are first timers. I've gone with Safeguard as they will mirror your no claims from another vehicle. Bearing in mind that I had a 50/50 fault accident in August 2014, we live in a high risk area and, even though the motorhome will be stored at a CASSOA Gold storage site, that site is in an ever higher risk area! The premium was £588.44 including full AA breakdown, with £100 compulsory excess and I've gone for £350 voluntary.

I rang the Caravan Club before this - £1,813, without legal expenses or breakdown :eek:. Needless to say I said no thank you and goodbye!

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Vanman , ours is also a new build and we asked for extra leisure battery and solar panel which were to be fitted during the build. We could have had it in January, but we also wanted a 2017 reg. We could have gone for 1 March collection but I would have had to take a day off work, hence collecting on 3rd. As it now happens, I also don't work Thursdays, so we could have had it a day earlier. @Mickey1 will be the first of us to have his '17 reg :)

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Thanks for the info. Im confident mine will be around £350.

I hope you told the Caravan club you only wanted Motorhome insurance not a lifetime membership(y)

@Chris Laing, I've just this minute got off the phone after arranging the insurance. Yes, we are first timers. I've gone with Safeguard as they will mirror your no claims from another vehicle. Bearing in mind that I had a 50/50 fault accident in August 2014, we live in a high risk area and, even though the motorhome will be stored at a CASSOA Gold storage site, that site is in an ever higher risk area! The premium was £588.44 including full AA breakdown, with £100 compulsory excess and I've gone for £350 voluntary.

I rang the Caravan Club before this - £1,813, without legal expenses or breakdown :eek:. Needless to say I said no thank you and goodbye!

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
@Vanman We could have had it in January, but we also wanted a 2017 reg.

I spoke to a different Globecar dealer and was told that the entire 2017 production run of the model that I wanted was already spoken for by dealers and I'd be lucky to get a bespoke one at all. I suppose it depends on the length of 'run' they do on each vehicle / model and at 5.4m ours is probably not one of the more 'popular' ones.

Thanks for the info. Im confident mine will be around £350.

I hope you told the Caravan club you only wanted Motorhome insurance not a lifetime membership(y)

I'm reasonably confident, if the comparison sites are to be believed, that ours will be about £320.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
One step closer.

I got a call from my dealer yesterday confirming that my van will be on a transporter and delivered towards the end of this month. I'm going along to give it the once over at the beginning of March, then unfortunately it will be parked up until April before I have the funds to pay for it.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
One step closer.

I got a call from my dealer yesterday confirming that my van will be on a transporter and delivered towards the end of this month. I'm going along to give it the once over at the beginning of March, then unfortunately it will be parked up until April before I have the funds to pay for it.

At least you'll be able to take measurements, to buy bits and bobs for it (y) :)

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I may just have to buy one of these below when Im waiting for my Carthago I can practice reversing and try a few things out .:LOL:;)
71XtQSZcZEL._SL1500_.jpg

Upvote 0

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
well only 13 sleeps left until we pick up our new to us and our 1st motorhome, insurance sorted yesterday fully comp with recovery for the wife and myself to drive at a very reasonable £360 a year. wife already planned a few weekends away before our june trip to Scotland.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@skylinersi, you're ahead of us then, we haven't got our pitch saver sign . Got everything else though ......... oh, except mugs. Must go and get some .

Reactions: Pia
Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@Mickey1, can't believe how quick the time's gone since you started this thread. Doesn't seem two minutes since Christmas. I suggest you get some thermals, although it has warmed up somewhat since the beginning of the week, but far, far from the temperatures you're used to.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back