Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Dear motorhome guy..... zxhjy bixcd nijjgv dkjxzbxk ............ what do you mean you don't understand, I'm speaking your language. Note to funsters... my stools turn a funny colour after red wine as well. :LOL::LOL::D
Think we need pictures....

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Low levels of carbon monoxide

The symptoms of exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide (CO) can be similar to those of many other conditions, such as food poisoning and flu. However, unlike flu, carbon monoxide poisoning does not cause a high temperature (fever).

The most common symptoms include:

headache
nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting
dizziness
tiredness and confusion
stomach pain
shortness of breath and difficulty breathing

Your symptoms may be less severe when you are away from the source of the carbon monoxide.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Carbon-monoxide-poisoning/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We may be disbelievers, we may keep an open mind, as long as we take all reasonable precautions to prevent break-ins/robberies by whatever means - that's all any of us can do.

The point is (for me anyway) that Fun is a huge resource of experienced motorhomers and as far as I can tell, none of the most-travelled members have ever had this happen to them or heard a first-hand account from someone they know and trust.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
He seems to have gone now, they must have had his last tenner, sounds as if he was still under the influence of something

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Interestingly I forwarded that BBC story about Jensen Button's 'gassing' to a magazine that comments on urban legends and other odd stuff, and mentioned that it was a hot potato in Motorhome forums. However, the magazine in question usually covers the subject matter in an un-sensational even-handed manner so I doubt if posing online as a gassing victim is their style. They ran a feature on The Mad Gasser of Mattoon in one of their issues.

Reactions: DBK
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It was mentioned that no blood tests were taken due to cost or time delays, you could have peed in a bottle, popped it in the fridge and got it analysed at your leisure, maybe next time ?

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Most unbelievable part of this thread curry flavour bread pudding ?????

Couldn't resist finding out more of the anesthetic prowler, the Mad Gasser of Mattoon, brilliant!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
The only bit I found of interest in the original post was that of "grey logs". That got me thinking of my early years where white dog shit was quite common. Whatever happened to the white stuff, and why don't we see it anymore ?
I guess that's just one of those unanswerable questions best left in the past.

As for the rest of his post. About as believable as my employees timesheets - deep breath, smile and nod.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Where's @haganap, I can't believe we are on page 4, and he hasn't contributed....... If he's at work, just wait until he gets home....:Eeek:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The robbery bit would really get to me, are there really that many break ins to MH's, without the gas obviously

On the tiredness side of the discussion, I am wholly in this camp, some years back while tugging we very nearly lost our children (this is a serious comment)

Dead tired, worked late before we left, drove too far before we rested, kids playing on one of those exercise areas the French seem to like, we put our heads down, (kids were about 9 + 10, both girls). They came back to caravan to ask if they could go with the family over there to Paris

Luckily for all the 'family' had now gone, but my girls being sensible enough to come back and ask were safe

No gas involved, we didn't both sleep at the same time while travelling after that, infact we never drove till we were so tired either, very lucky outcome

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
A tidy up on the JB references, he actually said on the news he didn't believe he had been gassed

and the BBC on same event actually interviewed an anaesthetist who confirmed it would be impossible to anaesthetize a whole area, I think I saw a post on here saying someone had emailed a link to medical report to the BBC, so maybe they read it and took note (y)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I have it on good authority that my wife says , that sometimes, she thinks she married an alien:cool:

Must have been her Mk 1:Eeek:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wish you wretched lot would STOP going on about bloody gas on the very day I, Mr Know It All, Rufty Tufty, Off-Site, Freeloading, Full Timer, have run out of the stuff for only the second time in thirty years on the road.

And in rural France where you can buy snails and frogs' legs and sackfuls of garlic... but GPL... Shrug, shrug, shrug!

JJ :cool:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Spent more time typing the BS than a test would take! lol paralysed? and just continued because of time restraints?... I dont believe any of it for one second!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I sleep safe in the knowledge that gassed or not if anyone opens my door it will be loud enough to wake up the town never mind me. (y) thank you @eddievanbitz

EDIT isn't it strange that claimants just happen to never have an alarm fitted?
Yes.......same here. Found out the hard way just how loud it is when I locked the van in the driveway and our elderly Jack Russell had parked himself under a seat for a snooze. All hell broke loose when he woke up... poor dog was looking a little stunned but he is deaf anyway

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Reading this thread as a person that is hoping to buy a motor home .
If I was not a caravanner I could have been very worried about it all.

Why do people post things that may cause concern to others and then just disappear

We got broke into in Spain the young girl climbed in through the tiny toilet window and took what she liked and then left. It was horrible knowing she had been through all our stuff and plenty of tents during the same day.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Reading this thread as a person that is hoping to buy a motor home .
If I was not a caravanner I could have been very worried about it all.

Why do people post things that may cause concern to others and then just disappear

We got broke into in Spain the young girl climbed in through the tiny toilet window and took what she liked and then left. It was horrible knowing she had been through all our stuff and plenty of tents during the same day.

Its called trolling, look it up. If he is one they are very sad individuals that get excited by spreading uncertainty and creating mayhem ..real sickos.

ignore and be happy:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back