DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I thought this was interesting and on topic.

http://www.zyra.bz/white-dogshit.htm
Yes, that's what I was thinking, just down to the fact dog food these days doesn't contain anything recognizable from any animal. But if you follow the links back to the person who wrote that page you will find some very weird stuff.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi, sorry you were robbed, being present at the time makes it all the more traumatic and you will take a few days to get over it. Rest assured, whatever happened to you did not involve you being gassed. That does not happen, it most certainly is a myth.
Didn't know you are a doctor as well Jim, man of many talents(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Got to confirm the medical report is correct, we feed our expensive cross (golden doodle) raw minced chicken waste from a poultry producer, too high a bone content and white poo.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
A STATEMENT FROM THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF ANAESTHETISTS ABOUT MOTORHOME OWNERS BEINF GASSED THEN ROBBED

"Despite the increasing numbers of reports of people being gassed in motor-homes or commercial trucks in France, and the warning put out by the Foreign Office for travellers to be aware of this danger , this college remains of the view that this is a myth. It is the view of the college that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious by blowing ether, chloroform or any of the currently used volatile anaesthetic agents, through the window of a motor-home without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time . Ether is an extremely pungent agent and relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect on air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a cloth, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray administered directly into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day. Even the more powerful modern volatile agents would need to be delivered in tankerloads of carrier gas or by a large compressor. Potential agents, such as the one used by the Russians in Moscow siege are few in number and difficult to obtain. Moreover, these drugs would be to expensive for the average thief to use. The other important point to remember is that the general anaesthetics are potentially very dangerous, which is why they are only administered in the UK by doctors who have undergone many years of postgraduate training in the subject and who remain with the unconscious patient throughout the .anaesthetic. Unsupervised patients are likely to die from obstruction of the airway by their tongues falling back. In the Moscow siege approximately 20% of the people died, many probably from airway obstruction directly related to the agent used. If there was a totally safe, odourless, potent, cheap anaesthetic agent available to thieves for this purpose it is likely the medical profession would know about it and be investigating its use in anaesthetic practice."

Suggest we all copy this and keep in the van for reference!!

colyboy

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Don't believe it. My second cousin's brothers mate of a mate was gassed through an open grey waste drain and robbed of his £2000 just before returning from a holiday....... He told me so in the pub, the other day
Yep, I heard that, we must have been in the same pub

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry Colyboy but that statement does not stop the speculation.

Since the statement is reputed to come from a 'Royal College' why are there spelling and punctuation errors in it?

No, I think it is a fake statement.

Let the arguments continue. :LOL::whistle:

Richard.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The problem with this kind of scaremongering is that some people do belive it,I met a couple whilst up in the peak district who were motorhomes and they strongly advised myself and kesriel against staying in Aires or wild camping as in their words "the Romanian gypsies are gassing you to rob you"

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you for tracking this down,

Don't have to look hard for that letter. its repeated plenty on every motorhome and trucker website in the land. :)

If you look on the RCoA website the Link Removed But its been around much longer than that, I think I first saw it in 2008, its certainly been reproduced on this site a lot, and I wrote this article about it in 2011 Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes, that's what I was thinking, just down to the fact dog food these days doesn't contain anything recognizable from any animal. But if you follow the links back to the person who wrote that page you will find some very weird stuff.

Most feed pets commercial rubbish and your right it has hardly any meat content at all. All they are doing is stacking up health problems for the future plus expensive vet bills. I spend a lot of money on our cats nutrition ...rest of family think I'm bonkers but they are fit healthy cats......and yes they have names.. Unlike my vans!:LOL:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Impossible is two letters to long(y)

Anything is possible, except the evidence against such attacks happening is overwhelming. Really; It's for those that claim its happening to prove it. Until someone does, i.e. shows some evidence that they have been robbed after being gassed then I'll assume otherwise.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
We always sleep with our doors and windows wide open.
Never been gassed yet !

Reactions: JJ
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I should have thought this thread has put the lid on gassing , obviously the op was up to no good , don't know exactly how but if he was genuine he would have paid his tenner and started with a smaller post and then some details of where he was and what happened to the others he reckons were with him.
Trying to put newbies off for some reason (n)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Anything is possible, except the evidence against such attacks happening is overwhelming. Really; It's for those that claim its happening to prove it. Until someone does, i.e. shows some evidence that they have been robbed after being gassed then I'll assume otherwise.

There called GP's General Practitioners because there still practicing
They don't know everything(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We always sleep with our doors and windows wide open.
Never been gassed yet !

You may be joking (or not) but were were on a Aire at La Rochelle and got friendly with a very well travelled older couple and they did sleep with all there windows wide open when we asked them they said they had always done it and if anyone could find anything worth taking they were welcome. (Think times have changed a bit in the last few years.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If any down on his luck, naughty ruffian were to break open the door of my Hymer in the early hours intending to pinch stuff, he would soon be over come by the "gas" invading his nostrils!

JJ :cool:

PS. Found GPL at the Total Station in Langon. (Thanks for worrying about me.)

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I sleep safe in the knowledge that gassed or not if anyone opens my door it will be loud enough to wake up the town never mind me. (y) thank you @eddievanbitz

EDIT isn't it strange that claimants just happen to never have an alarm fitted?

Yep me too, once we have been to Eddies place in October to get the system fitted on the new van. We had the Strikeback 2 on the old van and slept soundly because of it.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Honest CarolTE="Carol, post: 1512950, member: 519"]You may be joking (or not) but were were on a Aire at La Rochelle and got friendly with a very well travelled older couple and they did sleep with all there windows wide open when we asked them they said they had always done it and if anyone could find anything worth taking they were welcome. (Think times have changed a bit in the last few years.[/QUOTE]
Honest Carol it was tongue in cheek (still can't use those darn icon face thingies) !

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There called GP's General Practitioners because there still practicing
They don't know everything(y)

Sorry you've lost me there, I don't understand the general practitioner reference o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back