A frames in France ? why do they build, certificate and sell them if they are illegal ? (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We even tow a RIB in case we encounter floods!

1661513685542.png

Taken on one of those dangerous motorway Aires btw!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Simple leave the motorhome in neutral with the handbrake off, jump in the car and tow the Motorhome backwards out of the way!👍🏻

I hope others will take this as a joke because,
You would still need someone to steer the M/H so why not unhitch and reverse them out individually? :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’d love to see your average Aygo tow my 5.5t A Class anywhere, let only up a narrow lane in reverse

:giggler: :giggler: :giggler:
My little Diahatsu could pull my 11t A Class no issue! so a tiddler like yours should be easy ;)
When we got stuck in the sand on the beach on the outskirts of Marbella in our 4.25 ton Globecar (which probably weighed around 4.0 ton at the time) a chap in his Jimny was able to pull us out quite a way out ... don't underestimate the 'little ones'! :giggle:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
a chap in his Jimny was able to pull us out quite a way out ... don't underestimate the 'little ones'!
Yes the Little Jimny was quite unique for a "lil un"
Not only was it 4 wheel drive but also had a low range box which would have made all the difference pulling out your "big un" 👍👍👍

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yes the Little Jimny was quite unique for a "lil un"
Not only was it 4 wheel drive but also had a low range box which would have made all the difference pulling out your "big un" 👍👍👍

I still wish I had a 'big un'

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
Just curious as i has assumed based on "forum info" that A frames were illegal in France. Bumped into a guy here in CH and he had this installed on his van:

From this company: Systeme Blue

Maybe my info is wrong or i'm missing something but it looks up to date and very much legit, they claim to be TUV certified which basically means any where in the EU is OK and trust me if they are accepted here in CH then they will have done tons of paperwork on them. Maybe they are just stupidly expensive ? prices shown are around £2.5k installed, no idea how this compares.

Thought this might be useful for those with A frame anxiety in France and Spain etc.

If You read the Système Bleu website very carefully you will find that only the Alko coupling is actually certificated. The system as a whole is not.

There is no European standard for a-frames to be tested and certified to… 😏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back