You're too close! (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Thought I'd 'work from home' in the van today and went down the coast to Yellowcraigs where they have a large carpark with a section for motorhomes. Only 3 other vans in this bit and loads of room for anyone else wanting to park. A car drives in and parks right next to me - and I mean close. Acres of room for then to park somewhere else but no they want to be right next to me! The thing is there is loads of space for ordinary cars if they went under the barrier into the car carpark. Why do people do this? Anyway I thought I'd share it and get it off my chest :giggle:

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Dunno why they do it, but I always park my van well away from likely busy points and one had someone parked so close to my driver's door that I had to get into the van via the sliding door...

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
We are currently in the car park at Praa Sands for a few nights.

We didn't park on the front where the sea views are, instead in a back corner. Doesn't matter if the car park is almost empty - if the space beside us becomes free, it's the next space to be filled :LOL:

Not complaining. It is a car park after all, and love it here :giggle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jopparocks
Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp

We didn't park on the front where the sea views are, instead in a back corner. Doesn't matter if the car park is almost empty - if the space beside us becomes free, it's the next space to be filled :LOL:

Not complaining. It is a car park after all, and love in here :giggle:
Its not a big deal Wissel but just slightly annoying. Will need to find a new place to park up that's a bit quieter. Yellowcraigs is a totally lovely place though. If you are ever up near Edinburgh you should try and visit. A mixture of Scots Pine woodland and beach. There's a Caravan Club campsite right next to it.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
But it's efficient use of the car park to be friendly with someone already there so there aren't awkward gaps as the space potentially fills up.

OP
OP
jopparocks
Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
But it's efficient use of the car park to be friendly with someone already there so there aren't awkward gaps as the space potentially fills up.
That's far too sensible and reasonable Kannon. Where would we all be if everyone was like you! Oh - wait a minute :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I had this done to me in France . We were taking the dog to the vets for our trip home, returned to the MH to find some p**** had parked tight up preventing me from swinging round as I reversed out of the space, also cars behind me, took quite a few shunts to get out.
There was plenty of room the other side of the car and had obviously been done on purpose, tatty car too.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
sadly for the same reason waiting for Sue n a carpark 4 rows back from he entrance no cars within 8 bays all around, (yes huge carpark) Up rolls a largish estate that parks real close. Me. thinking why's that.

Mum squeezes out of the driving seat. Little Johnny who should have had the child locks on. KICKS open the door into the side of my car. Mum says i've told him not to do that.

I point to a near empty parking landscape and say why park so close to me if you know he does that. Got accused of being agressive. MUM and person from venue turned up to continue the discussion as a whitness.

Sorry beggars understanding why (I refer to it as the Blackpool syndrome) you need to park yourself next to someone else, same on the beach etc etc.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Always park as far away as possible from everyone else, a woman came and parked close up to us. I politely asked why she had parked so close when the rest of the park was empty and she said so she could find her car easily when she left the shop!
I waited until she had gone in then moved the van to the other side of the car park.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Thought I'd 'work from home' in the van today and went down the coast to Yellowcraigs where they have a large carpark with a section for motorhomes. Only 3 other vans in this bit and loads of room for anyone else wanting to park. A car drives in and parks right next to me - and I mean close. Acres of room for then to park somewhere else but no they want to be right next to me! The thing is there is loads of space for ordinary cars if they went under the barrier into the car carpark. Why do people do this? Anyway I thought I'd share it and get it off my chest :giggle:
This is quite common in North Berwick along at the free parking at end of Beach. Some of the locals don't like the Motorhomes parking there so they deliberately park their cars next to the Motorhomes to show their annoyance.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Pah - this is the true French way if parking
Screenshot_20210612-205850.png

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Had this in Bury St Edmonds with the limited spaces for motorhomes.

There was even a T4 taking up one of the large spaces, which meant that the poor chap who turned up in his 7.5 meter and wanted to stay over, couldn't.

The T4 could have easily filled any of the other empty spaces.

Wannabe motorhomers 🤦🏼‍♂️
IMG_0678.GIF

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

Not complaining. It is a car park after all, and love it here :giggle:

We were there a couple of weeks ago,and did park on the front over looking the sea. A lovely place watching the surfers! (y)

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Always park as far away as possible from everyone else, a woman came and parked close up to us. I politely asked why she had parked so close when the rest of the park was empty and she said so she could find her car easily when she left the shop!
I waited until she had gone in then moved the van to the other side of the car park.
Spoilsport. Did she ever find her car?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Had this in Bury St Edmonds with the limited spaces for motorhomes.

There was even a T4 taking up one of the large spaces, which meant that the poor chap who turned up in his 7.5 meter and wanted to stay over, couldn't.

The T4 could have easily filled any of the other empty spaces.

Wannabe motorhomers 🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 506272
When the same thing happened to us at B - S - E, I rang the number on the parking sign and they gave me permission to use another space, took my reg number and gave me a reference number. They told me they would inform the patrols so I wouldn't be ticketed., worked perfectly!!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I had one in Burford inches off my rear asked them to move so I could turn my gas off they had to park in was preparing to leave as it was getting busy I just suggested they got up earlier and explained I was preparing to leave as I was being considerate to others and release the space

OP
OP
jopparocks
Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
This is quite common in North Berwick along at the free parking at end of Beach. Some of the locals don't like the Motorhomes parking there so they deliberately park their cars next to the Motorhomes to show their annoyance.
Hi Chris went there for the first time last Sunday in the Hymer and parked up just past the club house no problem at all. I can't see what the locals would have to complain about as it isn't blocking anyones view and is out or the way from everyone at the far end of the beach. Will go back again as its really nice.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I too get fed up when other folk park up really near to me so I came up with a solution!

I bought a (small) area of land (very reasonably priced) all around where I often park and now they can't... :rofl:

JJ :cool:

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I too get fed up when other folk park up really near to me so I came up with a solution!

I bought a (small) area of land (very reasonably priced) all around where I often park and now they can't... :rofl:

JJ :cool:
read your blog the other day JJ...very interesting thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread