You need your whits about you with some dealers at times (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Our used motorhome from a dealer came with an insurance backed warranty. On our last trip shock horror and the power steering failed whilst near Lands End, got the Moho back to the dealer and deposited in there car park.

I hadn't heard from the dealer for a while so chased them up to be told they were waiting back to hear from warranty company so took it upon myself to ring warranty company who were very helpful and said they had claim but had replied to dealer saying could they fit a unit from Euro car parts which would be cheaper which did not seem unreasonable to me as the Moho is 8 1/2 years old now.

So rang dealer back who then explained they wanted to fit a new steering pump and solenoid valve so had been creative by claiming for an OEM pump for more money so they could purchase a cheaper pump plus a solenoid valve. It was further explained that the warranty company would not pay for a solenoid valve so the "ball was in my court."

Having put the phone down I had a quick read of warranty info which clearly stated up to ten year old vehicle anything fitted to vehicle as standard was included.

Rang back and explained this and pointed out "that warranty company quite rightly would not pay for two items to fix one fault they would simply ask which item is causing the fault and pay for that one item. "

It is hardly warranty companies fault dealer not sure which part faulty.

Got a call back next day from dealer to say claim agreed and repairs going ahead. Hmmm!!!!!

To be fair to warranty company who I had never heard of before, have paid out three times now for a new EGR valve, repaired Sargent control unit and now fitting a steering pump so when they offered to renew warranty for £24 a month it seemed a bargain as one of my claims in the last 12 months would have come to that near enough a years premium.

So amazingly thumb up for insurance company and disappointing from dealer.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Good lord - you don't hear a thumbs up for a insurance company much nowadays.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
24£ a month

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun