Yet again ...hook up not charging leisure battery. (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
Hey all,
Pls can somebody explain ?
Had 2 situations happen on hookup at Gatwick today.
1 all electrics working on hookup, but leisure battery not charging. Elec display showed maximum, so could use on any setting for a.c. and dc .
2 after topping up liquids under bonnet, came in and lights went off. Now a.c. working, but dc only from leisure battery. Elec display now shows only level of leisure battery.

I have checked all fuses at hookup ..all are fine. I changed the 30A switch and still have situation 2 as above.

Pls tell me what is the problem with this darn thing ???
Lost count of the amount of times I get here and can't charge leisure properly .
Excuse the rant....any ideas?!

Fiddled

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I'm not familiar with Bessacar MHs, so I don't follow some bits of your description, but if the charger isn't charging the leisure battery there's some basic checks you could do.

First question is, is the leisure battery really not being charged, or is it just a display problem that makes it look like that? Do you have a multimeter? You could read the voltage at the actual battery terminals when it's supposed to be charging. If it's 13.0V or more, the charger is working. If it's 12.8 or less then the charger's not working.

If not, is the charger getting a mains supply, and is it switched on?

If there's AC mains going into it, is there 12V DC coming out of it? There will be a fuse, maybe 30A or 50A, near the leisure battery? Is this OK, ie not blown, corroded, bad contact etc? Can you measure 12V at the fuse?

OP
OP
george mcneill
Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
Thanks auto !
The charger has a loose connection at the supply at the bottom.
I wiggled it before opening the charger to have a look....and then it began to work...!
Just pushed it in harder.
Will keep your reply for future probs that may arise, thanks !
Gmcn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back