wind in the willows (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi , to everyone , could someone help with the draughts /cold air coming into our van(autotrail imala730) we have tried to find where it was coming in but failed i know there is a little from the seat belt hole where it comes through, but can't find where the rest are getting in. Was at Bridlington the other week and at night it was draughty !! so much so we ended up putting a blanket over the cab seats to try and stop it.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Could be coming in through the vents on the dash, try closing the off or putting on recerc.
Or maybe a blanket over the dash covering the vents.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
In my old Autotrail there were 2 vents underneath the cab which caused lots of biting draughts they were directly behind the cab door pillars ,I pushed a large sponge up into the void and hey presto no draughts ,I believe you can buy a push in fitting now from the dealers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi , to everyone , could someone help with the draughts /cold air coming into our van(autotrail imala730) we have tried to find where it was coming in but failed i know there is a little from the seat belt hole where it comes through, but can't find where the rest are getting in. Was at Bridlington the other week and at night it was draughty !! so much so we ended up putting a blanket over the cab seats to try and stop it.
This is the location of the vents @mike mcglynn is talking about (under the motorhome behind the passengers seat).

Cab vents 01.jpg

And what they look like when you remove them.

Cab vents 02.jpg

Cab vents 03.jpg

You can buy solid covers but they're quite expensive.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Perhaps, one of my most favourite films. So many well known people on the voice overs. :gum:

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Gellyneck, are these vents "needed" or are left over from the cab conversion if so can you then block them off !! or will it invalidate our warranty if we block them off ,was thinking of using some expanding foam, but will check out the cost of the covers first as that be a better idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i made a simple plastic cut out from an ice cream tub and Gorilla taped them in place . so i can undo if needed but been there a few years now with no isses and still in place if you use decent tape.

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
update just fitted the blanking plates today, so hopeful of no more draughts ,if anyone has any other ideas on how to stop the draught please let me know Gellyneck they cost £25 inc vat so not too bad if they work!! only time will tell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back