Will it fit !!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Thinking of getting a Motorhome with a size circa 8.9 x 2.3

However not sure it will make the turn off our Lane into the driveway.

Have had oil tankers and 8 wheelers through gate but don’t want to purchase something and find it will not go on without alterations

So, cheekily, if anyone is around the B96 area with a similar size Motorhome, fancy a small detour and would like to try and turn into my drive I would be very thankful 😉😉😉😉👍

many thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
turning into / out of a tight lane ( we have the same type of restriction ) will also be determined by the amount of overhang of the back end from the rear axle.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thinking of getting a Motorhome with a size circa 8.9 x 2.3

However not sure it will make the turn off our Lane into the driveway.

Have had oil tankers and 8 wheelers through gate but don’t want to purchase something and find it will not go on without alterations

So, cheekily, if anyone is around the B96 area with a similar size Motorhome, fancy a small detour and would like to try and turn into my drive I would be very thankful 😉😉😉😉👍

many thanks
If you are buying through a dealer , ask them to bring the moho or a similar to try it. We did this with our previous motorhome before I would sign the deal. If it's a private deal ask the owner to try it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Picked the lad up from school in December (a one off) and was slightly in awe of a brand new beautiful twin axle Frankia, silver, muts nuts, at least 8m or likely more. I noticed someone standing in road outside a gateway who then waved the van into a driveway. It was a bit tight so sat there full of admiration watching the manoeuvre only to see the slow motion of disaster unfolding in front of me. The overhang getting closer and closer to the road as he made the turn. It then grounded 😱. He stopped, then moved even further forward still grounded. It made me feel sick! The driver cooley got out, had a look and then waved us passed. Couldn’t help but have a nosey as went passed and the incline on the drive looked minimal but obviously wasn’t with the angle of the turn. Frightening. My nosey supposition was it may have been a dealer delivery???

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Picked the lad up from school in December (a one off) and was slightly in awe of a brand new beautiful twin axle Frankia, silver, muts nuts, at least 8m or likely more. I noticed someone standing in road outside a gateway who then waved the van into a driveway. It was a bit tight so sat there full of admiration watching the manoeuvre only to see the slow motion of disaster unfolding in front of me. The overhang getting closer and closer to the road as he made the turn. It then grounded 😱. He stopped, then moved even further forward still grounded. It made me feel sick! The driver cooley got out, had a look and then waved us passed. Couldn’t help but have a nosey as went passed and the incline on the drive looked minimal but obviously wasn’t with the angle of the turn. Frightening. My nosey supposition was it may have been a dealer delivery???

its also the side swing of the overhang on a tight entrance...

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
If you are going to do a test, make sure you try both driving straight in and reversing in.

I’ve got a very tight access road at my place and it works one way, but not the other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back