Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Tracker
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does anyone on here go wild camping? Ray want's to go, but i am a wuss. Saying that, we did stay overnight up at Foxhunters car park in Blaenavon, but we only live 1/2 mile away, so that didn't really count.

I would love to go near a beach or forest and wild camp as long as we are allowed to do so. Can anyone recommend places or how to start off wild camping?

Linda

Deleted User
Does anyone on here go wild camping? Ray want's to go, but i am a wuss. Saying that, we did stay overnight up at Foxhunters car park in Blaenavon, but we only live 1/2 mile away, so that didn't really count.

I would love to go near a beach or forest and wild camp as long as we are allowed to do so. Can anyone recommend places or how to start off wild camping?

Linda

France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy (once present restrictions are relaxed) (y)

OP
OP
RayandLinda

RayandLinda

Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Tracker
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would like to stay in this country to wild camp, then when i get used to it, perhaps then try it abroad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
As the saying goes, 'there is nothing to fear but fear itself '
A bit blunt perhaps but I've wild camped for over 20 years and never had a problem, just be sensible and leave places as you found them .

OP
OP
RayandLinda

RayandLinda

Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Tracker
Exp
I'm a newbie
As the saying goes, 'there is nothing to fear but fear itself '
A bit blunt perhaps but I've wild camped for over 20 years and never had a problem, just be sensible and leave places as you found them .
I just worry about locals not wanting us there. In Blaenavon where i live, a lot of people wild camp up the Keepers Pond and Foxhunters, but i know a lot of youngsters go up there sometimes messing about and i wouldn't want that.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

Linda

Other forums are available. ;)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We full time mainly around France down to Spain. In the UK the local community can associate our free living to squatting or worse. We have found that in the peak Summer months it can be a bit difficult to parlk up and just enjoy yourselves. In the Spring or early September we do venture down to Cornwall and free camp then. The cornish car parks do not allow overnight parking of Motorhomes. All we do is stay late in the Beach car parks until they are due to close,ie 10pm drive a short distance and park up and return at 6 am and sit out again. We use local cheapest CLs every few days to fill up water and empty everything. Presently staying down in Arundel Sussex in Mill Lane. Here MH park up for days and some have stayed through the lock down. We travel to West Beach West Wittering on hot sunny days fir the day from 7 am till 8 pm fir £9 a day parking next to the beach. Presently you have to pre book parking for the beach. The only obvious draw back of shuttle parking is that you cannot have a glass of what you fancy.
si you can wild within reason but in England finding an isolated beach park up and sitting out all day and night are difficult but can be found with a little bit of effort of the beaten track.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back