Why are the 'Ville" signs upside down? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Currently wandering around France and, for the third time, I driven through a Ville sign at the start of a town where the sign was upside down?
On a previous occasion, not only was the entrance sign upside down but also the end of Ville sign.

Anyone got any explanation?

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Currently wandering around France and, for the third time, I driven through a Ville sign at the start of a town where the sign was upside down?
On a previous occasion, not only was the entrance sign upside down but also the end of Ville sign.

In support for farmers

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
In support for farmers
If you tour northern Netherlands you will pass mile after mile of roads where every lamp post is flying the Dutch Flag upside down.
Also in support of the (cattle) farmers.

As a country that is liable to suffer more than most with the rising sea level and extreme weather, it's not surprising that the Dutch Government want to do their bit.

However the dairy farmers don't quite feel the same way, hence the reason a rabid right wing nationalist has got into a senior position in parliament, although 'weather' he can get anyone to work with him is a different matter, as even the parties on the right don't want to be seen touching a toxic issue that history says will only go one way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

When French people think things go the wrong way whatever the matter they say "On marche sur la tête" We walk on the head. Hence the signs being up side down

Jan 9, 2022
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G732
Exp
Total Newbie
We saw stacks recently on our way to Spain but also came across some rather weird road side features, stacks of tyres. I mean 8-10 lorry and tractor tyres all stacked on top of each other, must have gone past 5/6 of these and had absolutely no idea what they were......until coming up to the Somport Tunnel. A few tyres had been removed from the top to reveal a speed camera 😀

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years

You beat me to it I was going to ask but sat down and had a glass of wine and forgot currently about 40 minutes from the Millau viaduct and past through many villages the same

Jan 6, 2018
Funster No

To support the farmers, do they need a reason ton awkward though? Part of the joy of France

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
However the dairy farmers don't quite feel the same way, hence the reason a rabid right wing nationalist has got into a senior position in parliament, although 'weather' he can get anyone to work with him is a different matter, as even the parties on the right don't want to be seen touching a toxic issue that history says will only go one way.
What has he been doing or saying that makes him "rabid"?

Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Funnily enough, we wondered the same thing today.
Love the French, they wouldn’t have stood by and done nothing while Lady”s state pension age rose from 60 to 67

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
What has he been doing or saying that makes him "rabid"?

Where would you like to start ?

(Other than foaming at the mouth once he gets going). At his recent trial hundreds of recent statements were brought up as being racist, xenophobic, offencive, hostile. He was also charged with undermining democracy calling the democratically elected parliament 'fake'.
I could pick dozens, but how about comparing the Qur'an to Mein Kampf ? or Islam is not a religion. its an ideology of a retarded culture, or the proposed introduction of a 'head rag' tax. and those are just some of his anti-islamic rants, he has views on other things like that are borderline mad as a box of frogs.

The highly concerning thing is people like him are actually moving away from a soap box at Speakers Corner along with those preaching a second coming for their cult leader and and getting a wider audience. The list of leaders now and in the recent past is highly concerning as it can take a county at least a generation to recover.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Funnily enough, we wondered the same thing today.
Love the French, they wouldn’t have stood by and done nothing while Lady”s state pension age rose from 60 to 67
Yep....as one affected my view is 'be more French'....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back