Who to join, who to avoid?... (1 Viewer)

David60

Free Member
Dec 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
In the market to buy
Exp
I'm totally inexperienced!
Hi ho fellow Funsters

:unsure: ....my apologies for a slightly tongue-in-cheek title but by no means is it intended as click-bait.

As but one of the newbies that I presume populate this section of the Forum, I am interested in the experience of longer toothed Funsters as to whether they'd recommend membership of the various clubs available. I refer to the likes of the Caravan & Motorhome Club, the Camping & Caravan Club etc.

From my perspective, I'd intend only to use campsites occasionally and I intend to stick within northern UK, particularly Scotland. Others of course will have different ambitions and I'm sure that what is good for one is not necessarily as good for another.

None the less, lets release the worms... What, who or which would you recommend (if any!)?

(as always, sincere thanks to those who have earned the experience that the likes of me harken for. Your generosity in sharing such hard won knowledge is very much appreciated)

Best
David

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Was a member if ccc for 2 years never used main sites as either full or could not comply with strict booking terms arrive prior 8pm on a Friday etc don't get home till 6pm.
Think used less than 6 CL's and not once were asked for my membership card or even asked if was a member.
Cancelled membership this year didn't see any benefit
Prefer to use small Indep sites
I am also a "Free LT"

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We were members of both clubs but we have cancelled both now.

It was difficult to justify either when we didn’t have a van anymore:)

Bet you regret that life time payment for Fun now :rofl:

Just jesting :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Duh! I'm not a Yorkshireman :doh:.

Hmmm. Not the Langtoft in the East Riding I was thinking of, often used to be there with work. Sorry! That explains it. You had me worried. :D

However, I ought to have recognised your Langtoft too. We used to live in Market Deeping! Doh!

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Looked at both during our caravan years, but not going with either.
We do/will do 8 - 10 trips a year, mostly abroad, with two long trips. I have stayed on a CCC site, it was fine, but nothing special.
We found that ACSI did everything we wanted. Cheap off season sites over the water, excellent ratings system, passport substitute card, and no barrage of marketing. And being a member still gets you insurance discounts.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back