White horse tattingstone (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Any one been there lately? If so any good?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Any one been there lately? If so any good?

We used to hold fun meets at the white horse when Andy run it, and had some good meets and always had a good crowd attend, but I believe it's not that great now and expensive, :rolleyes: the last person I remember going there was Marie and Rex @PenelopePitstop , and I don't think they will rush back. :LOL: Bob.

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
The site I was after is full so we will give the white horse a go this weekend and see what its like. Watch this space!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Enjoy we loved it there, the cycle round and the dog walking, they had some good real ale.:LOL:
If you google the white horse tattingstone bobandjane motorhome fun you will find our meets.(y)

The last meet we went to there @Rayb182 Ray and Geri run it, and they might still go there. (y) Bob.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The site I was after is full so we will give the white horse a go this weekend and see what its like. Watch this space!
As @bobandjanie said, we have had some great meets at the White Horse(y) ... hope you have a lovely weekend there and look forward to your feedback.
Last I heard, I think it became a "CommunityPub" to save it being redeveloped for housing so hope it's ok and that the wc block:eek: has been renovated!

Great walk or cycle around the reservoir.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Appreciate that @cranky, but this toilet block had to be seen to be believed!

Two asides.
1. We were there on one of @bobandjanie meets when our grandson managed to get himself locked in the gents cubical as the door jams shut.
2. We picked my mother up from nearby Ipswich for mothers day when we were on another rally there. She had the early stages of Alzheimer's and was forever losing things. On this occasion she lost her bag. We eventually found some time later it in the gents cubical in said toilet block. :D

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
hopefully, by the time I get out of the pub I wont see or care about the toilet block.:D
I will however do a thorough inspection before we leave and report back.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Enjoy we loved it there, the cycle round and the dog walking, they had some good real ale.:LOL:
If you google the white horse tattingstone bobandjane motorhome fun you will find our meets.(y)

The last meet we went to there @Rayb182 Ray and Geri run it, and they might still go there. (y) Bob.

They changed hands, they still have the campsite running, we haven't been in there for ages but will pop in there when I come from work tomorrow , "see how the land lies" with them.

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
no the toilet block has not been refurbished, food in the pub was ok, nothing special. site was generally unkempt. a manhole with cable ties for handles as a CDP with no tap for rinsing. a few long term caravans and us. as previous poster mentioned, " we wont be rushing back"
Shame as it could be a lovely little site.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
no the toilet block has not been refurbished, food in the pub was ok, nothing special. site was generally unkempt. a manhole with cable ties for handles as a CDP with no tap for rinsing. a few long term caravans and us. as previous poster mentioned, " we wont be rushing back"
Shame as it could be a lovely little site.
It sounds like nothing has changed then :( ... as you say, we won't be rushing back .... shame.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Such a shame, we used to try a book the weekend that had the buskers playing, could have been a great little pub and campsite if it had the right people in there. :rolleyes:

I was walking our dog round the village one Sunday morning and bumped into this old boy, he said hello there, nice to see you back supporting the pub, I do not use it but I would not want to see it closed down. (y)

It's very difficult for village pubs, we lived at Thornham Magna for 12 years and we saw landlords come and go, we had a meal in there most weeks and a few beers, and yes the heart of the village.:D

When we moved to Hoxne we had not been there long and our friends visited that lived in Spain, we took them to the pub, ordered of meals and went to order our deserts to be told too late :eek: we shut at 2.30 this was a Saturday.:giggle:
We lived in the village 8 years saw him or his wife out with the dog most days and never stepped foot in that pub again. :rolleyes: Bob.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Went down there last Sunday, the toilet is still and state and still bladdy cold and uninviting, drop off waste well thats just a lifted lid on a man hole, frozen closed, the campsite could do with the grass cutting, and the pub seems to have gone down hill since Andy was there.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Did you sample the beer Ray, ;) I'm a bit concerned about this work you mentioned. :LOL:
Hope your both well. (y) Bob.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We used to hold fun meets at the white horse when Andy run it, and had some good meets and always had a good crowd attend, but I believe it's not that great now and expensive, :rolleyes: the last person I remember going there was Marie and Rex @PenelopePitstop , and I don't think they will rush back. :LOL: Bob.

Yes Janie we stayed for one night in July this year! Wasn't terribly impressed from what I can remember.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back