Which way home from Venice - you decide... (2 Viewers)

Which route?

• Total voters

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not having to walk up to it from the car park?

Take binoculars if you want to spot your MH from the turrets :)

In the old days people would step onto the viewing platform and 'click' take a picture then walk away. Now you have to wait five minutes whilst they arrange their selfie sticks and practice their best Faecebook pout.

Which was why I included a photo of the horse and carriage! ;) Although, Cliff being Cliff, we walked up from the car park, it is a long, long walk up and I have to admit I was fairly knackered by the time we got to the top!

Agree with you about the selfie sticks and Facebook pouts - The Marienbrook bridge was my one and only attempt at a selfie, but I kept taking photos of the opposite side of the bridge, before I realised I hadn't got the camera on the right setting! Clifton finally worked it out, and the evidence here is why I will never take another one! Tooooooo close for comfort! The only good thing about it was that with all our fiddling with the camera the Japanese tourists and Selfie Fairies had to wait for us to finish!

Marienbrook Neuchswanstein 2.JPG

Hohenschloss is also beautiful, but in a different, more Grimm Fairy Tale way....
Hohenschloss 2.JPG

Sorry to hijack the thread Dawn, but it really is a wonderful road to follow back up Germany for a little while.

Continue having fun, and love to Emanem xx

OP
OP
Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
The results are in...The route through Switzerland won with 12 votes, just beating Austria with 10.

I did fancy the Austrian option and then to start traveling up the Romantic Road.

Looking at the GoBox system in Austria I can't be arsed with the hassle of it all (we are over 3500kg), I don't mind paying the tolls but having to send them proof of the Moho emissions when I get back home to the 2500 (non spam) work emails to review is just to much hassle.

Austria is on my 'go see' list as I hear it is beautiful, that trip will have to wait another day.

So thank you all for your suggestions, keep track of our trip on the thread below.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/2nd-honeymoon.151328/

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back