sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Well my third Hozelock Jet Gun has broken, every time its the same the stupid plastic handle. The metal guns bother me should it accidentaly knock the van, but even most of them have plastic handles and lugs which are the most stressed part of the assembly. What are the best guns for washing?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Michael

We've got one of these

Amazon product ASIN B000TAP5WY
Its got a metal body but the outer parts are plastic so should not damage the van if you accidentally knock it.

On a different matter, have you got your fridge sorted yet?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Robert, I looked at one of these but the trigger is plastic like the all plastic ones, and there are reports that these fail in the same way. I may get one to see how it fairs, unfortunately I am a bit careless with them, for example dropping them down from the roof of the van, although that was not the reason this time.
Dometic have agreed to warranty and the local Dometic approved engineer has a replacement cooling unit on order. Indeed I was thinking of giving him a call tomorrow. I did debate pushing for a replacement complete but decided I did not want the fight. I still have in mind getting the pictures for you.
M

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Michael

We've got one of these

Its got a metal body but the outer parts are plastic so should not damage the van if you accidentally knock it.

On a different matter, have you got your fridge sorted yet?
I've got the same one and it must be 10 yrs old. It is looking a bit second hand now but still works fine. It has also been dropped off the roof a few times and survived.

Richard.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I use one of these.....

<Broken link removed>

Not much to break.

ae235.jpg

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@Robert Clark @Clarky so got one of those guns used it 6 times dropped it on the sandy grass in the picture and bang it busted. Now I know that privately you think clumsy arsehole but I promise it was from less than 3 feet!!!
IMG_20171008_125815.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You know what when we get to Bella Vista tomorrow I'm going to the Chinese Bazaar and getting a "proper one"

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hi Michael

We've got one of these

That's the same as the one that I own & have had it for years. One word of caution though, these sprayers do NOT like being left out full of water in any frosty weather. They just fall apart if you forget (how do I know this lol) to drain them. Draining them is simple, disconnect from the hose & pull the trigger til all water leaves the inlet.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That's the same as the one that I own & have had it for years. One word of caution though, these sprayers do NOT like being left out full of water in any frosty weather. They just fall apart if you forget (how do I know this lol) to drain them. Draining them is simple, disconnect from the hose & pull the trigger til all water leaves the inlet.
Frost isn't my problem, been in 30+ for weeks, l just cannot get myself to treat them like a wine glass!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back