Where's the access to the fresh water tank? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have a 2011 Fiat Autotrail Tracker SE. I can't find the access to the fresh water tank in order to check the float and the general condition inside the tank. The manual gives no clues!!! Can anyone help me please???
Also, is it possible to access the waste water tank for inspection???

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I think you will find an inspection access in the bottom of the tank, about 5 inch diameter, unscrew. Have get underneath to access. Don't think it's a float on that model. Screw in sensors on side often, again underneath to access.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
No top access and no float. They use sensor rods. Big screw cap on the bottom but won't give you access to much only a wet arm. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the replies! Doesn't sound hopeful then! If the sensor rods need replacing does that mean fitting a whole new tank??!!!

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Thanks for the replies! Doesn't sound hopeful then! If the sensor rods need replacing does that mean fitting a whole new tank??!!!
Not sure but they do unscrew, have spoken to people who have taken them out and cleaned them but mixed results. New ones available from www.sargeant.com but I think £50 or so each.
No tank does not need replacing.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Auto-Trail and water access in the same sentence..... must resist :giggler:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's a common complaint of inaccurate water readings on Autotrails. Most, like me, just put up with it.. Well I did until this week when I got rid. :D

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
The waste tank sensor rods on my 2013 Auto-trial Mohawk are or was just stainless steel screws, I would think the fresh tank will be the same. I replaced them with Horst miracle probes because it drove me round the bend with the readings not being correct all the time. I dropped the tank out to do the work, it was only 4 bolts and the harness to disconnect so easy enough.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I was trying to help a single camper with a grey water drainage problem. She had recently bought a 2 year old motorhome of British construction. I was surprised to discover a modern motorhome without easy access into the tanks for inspection etc. I thought this would be a standard facility in a recent build. Am I being naive or have I just been spoilt by Hymer?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think you will find an inspection access in the bottom of the tank, about 5 inch diameter, unscrew. Have get underneath to access. Don't think it's a float on that model. Screw in sensors on side often, again underneath to access.
Would suggest not doing this with a full tank though. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Richard.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
When the fresh water display on my Autotrail started displaying incorrect readings, I cleaned the sensors by draining the tank, removing the large inspection cover and then spraying the sensor area with a kitchen spray bottle, filled with white wine vinegar. After leaving it a while, I gently rubbed over the sensors with an abrasive pad. Rinsed it all thoroughly, replaced cover, and all was working again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Would filling the tank and putting in some descaler, leaving it in for a while and then emptying it work? Obviously need to be careful not to use anything corrosive to the water tank etc.

OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks again for your helpful responses! I just find it so difficult to get easy access to any vital parts on an Autotrail - except the cupboards when the door hinges loosen or the fascia trim falls off!! But I do like the spacious bench layout (two singles or a double). If I could find a German or French MH with a similar layout (without drop down over-cab bed) I'd go for one. Far better build quality.

OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Revolver - is there an inspection cover underneath the Autotrail, then ??

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Revolver - is there an inspection cover underneath the Autotrail, then ??
Unless he's got super stretchy and skinny arms like Mrs Parr from "The Incredibles" I should think so. ;)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
This is an issue with so many motorhomes and vans. I gave up on the accuracy of the existing system and instead l top up the fresh water each and every day that l can and dispose of the grey water as and when the opportunity arrives in the correct place l may add.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It's a common complaint of inaccurate water readings on Autotrails. Most, like me, just put up with it.. Well I did until this week when I got rid. :D

Smugness is not a good quality :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back