Where to go for Easter. (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Caravanned for 30 years, nearly two years in with the motorhome.
Hi, Looking at L'Escale (Grand Bornand), Les Lanchette (Les Arcs), Le Griffe (Samoens), and Champ- Du- Moulin (le Deux Alps) from Saturday 23rd March for a week, so late in the season possibly for some of these suggestions (snow sure-ish)?. Any advice for access to ski lifts, general location to restaurants etc, together with what the drive up the mountain is like? Would help enormously, keen to book asap.

Thank you.
Regards Paul.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I can only speak for Champ du Moulin:
Good enough campsite. Pleasant owner.
Easy enough drive from valley floor.
About 10 minutes to lift to town (uphill), then 10+ minutes through town to lifts. Can leave skis uptown.
Do not miss the lift back down (18.30 IIRC).
There's a pleasant v local restaurant down near site

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Second Champ du Moulin. We are booking just before Easter this year…. I have finally retired from my pchool job….woo hoo. We have stayed there every year ( apart from those weird Covid years) for 7 years. We hire kit from Camp D’base with free lockers and very close to the lift. The village of Venosc is lovely with some cute shops and restaurants. The resort is always skiable but can get a little slushy in the afternoon so up and out early. The glacier is always good. One year the snow was so good we could ski on the opposite side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulandAngie
Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Thank you for your replies. We have skied les Deux Alps just once previously (Neilson early January 2020) and have skied both Les Arcs and La Plagne many times over the years and different times within the season although never skied in Grand Bornand or Samoens. This will be our first attempt with the motorhome.

OP
OP
PaulandAngie
Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Hi,

Booked Champ du Moulin last night from the 23rd March for a week. Any suggestions for a overnight stop please ideally a campsite if possible. Crossing with the Tunnel and back from Dieppe.

Thank you.

Aug 19, 2020
Wilts
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Since 2007
Michelle, is the route into Venosc via Le Clapier please? Also, is the skiing mainly via the link into Les Deux Alpes? Is it much of a hike from camp to lift?
I skied Deux alpes many years ago, but didn't particularly like the "out & back" style of the main resort. Hence we have always tended to favour Huez instead.
Cb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back