LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
we don't yet have a spare wheel, but I'm shorty getting new front tyres, so I will source a steel rim and have one of the used fronts (still legal) put on it as an emergency spare. But where is the best place to store it, the garage is the most obvious, but underneath on a carrier might be an option, or has anybody fitted on the rear wall? which would be a bit ugly and subject to theft and worst of all possible water ingress if not done correctly, so the burning question is where do you put yours.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0864.JPG

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours is in a cradle on the chassis and I carry all the tools to change a wheel, a lot of people say they have no intention of changing a wheel so just carry a tyre and call out a tyre company to repair or swap the tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
we don't yet have a spare wheel, but I'm shorty getting new front tyres, so I will source a steel rim and have one of the used fronts (still legal) put on it as an emergency spare. But where is the best place to store it, the garage is the most obvious, but underneath on a carrier might be an option, or has anybody fitted on the rear wall? which would be a bit ugly and subject to theft and worst of all possible water ingress if not done correctly, so the burning question is where do you put yours.
I have 2 Fiat Ducato Maxi 16" 2016 wheels for sale if you need one

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Ours is in garage over rear axle. Clean and dry but need to remove scooter etc before it can be got at.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours us underneath the van in its own cradle and is a complete barsteward to get out. I have onboard jacks and all the tools but I also carry a card with a very nice man from the RAC’s phone number on it 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back