Where are all the Brits? (2 Viewers)

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
We spent last night (& tonight) in an aire/overnight stop in Roses at the top of Costa brava - with about 60 other vans & we are the only UK vehicle here. We only saw a handful going through France last week as well.
Where are you all?
It's our first trip to Europe btw but at least the sun has finally come out now 🌞

cheers Chris

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Just back from 10 days in Northern Spain doing a circuit that included Zaragosa, Villanova (Barcelona), Pamplona and San Sebastian. Saw Brit vans quite frequently but not in vast numbers (which is probably about right else no point in being abroad . . . )

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
So we have been away for a smidge over eight months now. We find that any area with bars you will find Brits. 😉

Interestingly German, Dutch, Nordics, ES MoHomers barely use local bars and restaurants. The French use them a little more..

WRT Campsites there are and have been very few British UK vans, last autumn, this winter period virtually none and now as we move into spring, we are definitely seeing a few more….

My general advice is, find a bar, find a Brit! 🤪

Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
70s camper,Weinsberg
just back from 4 week trip through middle of France and down the coast of Spain saw quite a few brits, easy to spot they normally have a massive white sticker on the rear and the only ones not on their phones whilst driving.

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
just back from 4 week trip through middle of France and down the coast of Spain saw quite a few brits, easy to spot they normally have a massive white sticker on the rear and the only ones not on their phones whilst driving.
What’s the white sticker ? I don’t have one and are in Spain

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The UK sticker that was 3 years ago must have item. This year it seems Angles Mortes are becoming more popular, even some of the French are getting them.

We're in Portugal btw, lurking in a bar

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
The UK sticker that is a requirement when in Spain - France accepts UK on the number plates similar to the old EU plates but NOT Spain
We almost got a ticket 2022 as we forgot until our friends said the Policia Nationale were stopping vans We quickly made one and the next day according to neighbours we were visited by the PN to check our van and they weren't happy as they left because we'd got one on :LOL:

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
The UK sticker that was 3 years ago must have item. This year it seems Angles Mortes are becoming more popular, even some of the French are getting them.

We're in Portugal btw, lurking in a bar
Only a quick 4 week slow move through Spain to chill with my new dog. Portugal next time as
IMG_2106.jpeg
mate lives there near Tavira

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
The UK sticker that is a requirement when in Spain - France accepts UK on the number plates similar to the old EU plates but NOT Spain
We almost got a ticket 2022 as we forgot until our friends said the Policia Nationale were stopping vans We quickly made one and the next day according to neighbours we were visited by the PN to check our van and they weren't happy as they left because we'd got one on :LOL:
Arh thanks yep just got UK on licensing plate. Finally got a driving license card the fun I had showing my old battered pink form

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just had a month in La Mancha region of España... didn't see many other motorhomes...except when we called into a supermarket which had a Aire with FREE Electric......it was full....but no Brits..

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ve been in Spain many times since it changed and only got the blue one, no problems so far. I can't see why they would care

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We ve been in Spain many times since it changed and only got the blue one, no problems so far. I can't see why they would care
They do spot checks very now and again and this year they're getting more frequent we hired a car for 3 months and went through at least 2 a month near the Autopisa and they were targeting Motorhomes and weighing them too

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Took mine off got fed up with people asking where we were from d taking photos of our number plate. Most Spanish Police don't even know what the UK sticker is.

Jul 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E720
Exp
Since 2020 - caravanned for 30 years before that
We've been touring for four weeks, including a few days in Spain. As always seen a few brits, but more as we make our way north and home. We heard and saw more bits in one day in La Rochelle than the rest of the trip added together 🤣

Only had two Germans ask if we were Ukrainian this trip 🤣

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Might it have something to do with the churlish way the French (and others) are refusing to row back on the stupid post Brexit pet passport rules? Adding something like £300 and quite a bit of inconvenience to just one trip is a major consideration.

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
We spent last night (& tonight) in an aire/overnight stop in Roses at the top of Costa brava - with about 60 other vans & we are the only UK vehicle here. We only saw a handful going through France last week as well.
Where are you all?
It's our first trip to Europe btw but at least the sun has finally come out now 🌞

cheers Chris
We are back home for the Summer, then returning to southern Spain in January.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back