Wheel clamp reminder (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Hi this might have already been suggested....

Just thought I might pass on a quick tip to anyone else who is scared of driving off with wheel clamp still attached.
I have cut an 18 inch length of grey foam pipe insulation from B&Q (other DIY outlets are available) that is slid over the handbrake lever whilst the clamp is locked on the front wheel. This means I would not/could not unintentionally release handbrake with this on and it is covering the release button.
I have also found the foam tube can be stored on the door pocket of my Moho by sliding the longitudinal slit in the foam down on to the edge of the door pocket. Sorry no pics as Moho in storage. It works for me and cost pennies to save a very expensive misshap.
Cheers Alan.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I've never driven off with a wheel clamp in place but I did once ride off with a chain on the rear wheel of a rented motorbike. It wrapped around the hub but didn't stop the bike 🤔

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Dragged a rear steady across a grass pitch. Neat plough line.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Apologies as I have posted this before.

Some years ago, in the South of France, we had had an unusually high amount of rainfall while on a grassy pitch.

Realising that I was likely to spin the wheels and “dig in” I informed the owner that I wanted to leave.

He thanked me for not destroying his pitch and brought his tractor across to tow me out. Unfortunately, he started the tow before I had a chance to release the hand brake and carved two beautiful furrows across the pitch before I could release it.

Fortunately he saw the funny side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Years ago we had a retracting security post on the drive in front of the motorhome which you couldn't see from the drivers seat, I expect you can guess the rest. :whistle:
Needless to say, after the bumper respray/repair, we always attached a warning flag to the steering wheel when parked up on the drive.>:)

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back