Heating Comfort Grading System for Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I read about it a while ago but can't find the post that vans are graded using numbers, say 1 to 10 to hold to a certain temperature.
Are there any references to the actual test?

Thanks in advance

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
I think they go up to 3?

Grades.

Isn't it a combination of the insulation and heating power? It always seemed a bit of a con to me, you can get a Grade 3 with rubbish insulation as long as the heating is on full tilt.

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I think they go up to 3?

Grades.

Isn't it a combination of the insulation and heating power? It always seemed a bit of a con to me, you can get a Grade 3 with rubbish insulation as long as the heating is on full tilt.
I think its something like that , I agree it sounds misleading.
Hopefully theres some technical info somewhere someone can point me to. No specific reason just would like to be well informed

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
From my own experience of this subject, the grading and certification means nothing!
I owned a AutoSleeper Nuevo which turned out to have been used by the manufacturers to obtain the certification. It had some odd pieces of air con pipes in the battery /water dump valve area that were not actually connected to anything, which led me to asking the right person what was going on! Turned out the vehicle had been set up in the freezing chamber with the heating on for a certain period of time to meet the NCC(?) requirements. BUT to ensure that it passed heating air had to be directed at the water dump valve to stop it operating! Non insulated water tanks, and useless heating pads! It was a good little British van, but the certificate really is a bit of a farce and should be taken with a pinch of salt! When it was really cold it just required more gas/electricity, and empty water tank!!
The manufacturer say my new van is insulated! I don't know how they can keep a straight face while making the statement, it means nothing!

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Yes i have seen and heard this.
My interest lies in the homebuild i now have just finnished for ourselves and partly for the one we have that we have enjoyed for over 3 yrs, that we are selling in June July. compared to some vans the insulation is exceptional and having a better understandind of how vans are graded means i can explain that to anyone who asks questions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back