Whats the "ignore " thing on here ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Generally, it's where you come across a thread where you feel your BP rising to a point where you exclaim something like GTF 😡. Then you hit the ignore button. Usually it has little to do with motorhomes and associated apparatus and more to do with the humans contained therein. 😱

BUT, since we are entitled to our views and are human, we will err, so Jim usually comes in and boots transgressors into the long grass....for a period of quiet reflection, where they can consider such riveting topics as cassette cleaning, waste pipe maintenence and gas pressure in the thunderbox.

Believe me, the ignore button can be your best friend 😆

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I ignore a lot of posts. I’m miserable so have no interest in many things that appear, so don’t want them taking up my screen, and that way I can just tap what’s new and i just get the stuff I want shown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I didnt do anything to put them on it just decided to show up and my own thread is the only one without it by side ,...dont know what happened ?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The “ignore“ you see next to each post is so that you can choose to ignore the post if you want to. If you can see “ignore” that means you are not ignoring it, but it is giving you the option to, should you wish.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The 'ignore ' word in thread listings?
It'll be something not worth worrying about as people will get used to it
Like the Classifieds' red highlighted numbers. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DBK

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
It'll be missing from your posts as there'll be an assumption the OP needs to find it easily. 🤔

edit: the OP doesn't get the 'ignore' listed

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Is it a new thing then as its only just appeared ?
It's a relocated feature. Done sometime in the last day or 2 - not exactly sure when the change was done

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The mysterious Ignore button. Dug deep and found it once only to see where it was, never found it again.
Wouldn't use it anyway.
The people who want to ignore a given person will find it and use it.
Pretty sure a few ignore me but have no way of telling.

EDIT, this was before the ignore thing showing now.

Last edited:

Deleted User
I have been following a thread for a while but suddenly couldn't see it, turns out there is a ✓ in the ignore box that I didn't insert and I can't remove it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have been following a thread for a while but suddenly couldn't see it, turns out there is a ✓ in the ignore box that I didn't insert and I can't remove it.
If you click on your avatar along the top of the page select "Ignoring" from the list which appears. Then select the "Threads" tab and either choose "Unignore all" or select the dustbin symbol alongside any specific threads listed - if you have any of course. I'm admitting nothing. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That ignore link is gone, It was always there but when we moved other stuff it became more noticeable. if you want to ignore a thread you do it in the normal way, open the thread and then choose ignore. (y)

1610881329351.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The 'ignore' option has been there for a while but you've probably not noticed it as to the right of it was the number of posts etc so your eyes would be drawn to that rather than the grey 'ignore' option.

It's useful so I can quickly ignore threads that I have no interest in whatsoever (eg satellite info) so they don't appear on my thread list. I don't ignore the person though, just the thread.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That ignore link is gone, It was always there but when we moved other stuff it became more noticeable. if you want to ignore a thread you do it in the normal way, open the thread and then choose ignore. (y)

View attachment 457127
Noooooooooo!!!! Put it back!!! Now I have to click on the threads I don't want to in order to ignore them! :swear2:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

View attachment 457127
Nooo... I loved it where it was! I could say hello or happy birthday and then ignore the threads en mass.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No one ignores many thread, no one in this thread who want s it back ignores more than 30 threads. Its a very little used feature, so not necessary to show on every thread where it is hit by accident hundred of times a day.

If you want to ignore a thread click on it and hit the ignore button right there at the top, it takes 1 extra second.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Ok Jim you win as always 😂😂

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nooo... I loved it where it was! I could say hello or happy birthday and then ignore the threads en mass.
You can still do that the ignore button is at the top of every thread

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No one ignores many thread, no one in this thread who want s it back ignores more than 30 threads. Its a very little used feature, so not necessary to show on every thread where it is hit by accident hundred of times a day.

If you want to ignore a thread click on it and hit the ignore button right there at the top, it takes 1 extra second.
Really? How the heck do they do that? Inquisitive or too much falling down juice? :LOL:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Noooooooooo!!!! Put it back!!! Now I have to click on the threads I don't want to in order to ignore them! :swear2:
I do not ignore much, but I would never ignore a thread I had not looked at. In my experience the thread title often bears little resemblance to what it is all about, or becomes all about. The fun of motorhome fun is often the subject creep, which is usually much more entertaining than the original topic. ::bigsmile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You can still do that the ignore button is at the top of every thread
Yes but.... there are quite a few threads that have absolutely no interest to me - particularly ones about travelling to Europe in the current climate. I will now have to open the thread in order to ignore it.
I really don't have the time to do that in my busy, busy life 🤣🤣🤣

Ps You just keep on doing the wonderful job of herding all the cats that you have always done :*:*

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Especially happy birthday threads. I don’t care when it’s my birthday let alone anyone else’s (Obviously apart from the wife’s) so don’t want them. Then they keep reappearing at the top of the list when each person adds their condolences to the post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back