What water pump? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Having seen water pumps from £10 to £60, self priming, submersible, accumulators. So many options but what do I really need?
I plan on having a small cold water sink in the toilet room and a cold water feed to the kitchen sink, both fed from a single tank.
Not sure if I need two separate pumps or will one suffice, I think I'd like an inline pump, does anyone have any recommendations on what to choose?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
One inline diaphragm pump will be fine, all motorhomes only have a single pump for ALL water outlets, hot and cold.
Something like a shurflo pump which works on water system back pressure to turn on and off.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
One inline diaphragm pump will be fine, all motorhomes only have a single pump for ALL water outlets, hot and cold.
Something like a shurflo pump which works on water system back pressure to turn on and off.
So something like a trail king 7 would probably suffice? I presume that this sort of pump would not need microswitch taps then and that I could use regular household taps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Micro switch taps go with submersible pumps. A different system where each tap opens the pump when turned on. The other system involves a pressure regime. Turn on a tap the pressure drops and the pump switches on. Due mainly to the cost of taps for the micro-switch type,, most systems opt for the pressure dropping to activate the pump.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, trail king, Fiamma..... They all work the same way and just need a 12v supply and earth at the pump.
Fitted somewhere near the tank they are self priming and the outlet pipe can be split between any number of taps and to a boiler if required.
Turning off the tap pressurise the pipework and a pressure sensor in the pump switches off the supply. Open a tap and the pressure drops so the sensor turns the pump back on.
The only problem you may have is reducing the domestic tap pipe to the pumps 12mm diameter pipe connectors.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
This is making m
Yes, trail king, Fiamma..... They all work the same way and just need a 12v supply and earth at the pump.
Fitted somewhere near the tank they are self priming and the outlet pipe can be split between any number of taps and to a boiler if required.
Turning off the tap pressurise the pipework and a pressure sensor in the pump switches off the supply. Open a tap and the pressure drops so the sensor turns the pump back on.
The only problem you may have is reducing the domestic tap pipe to the pumps 12mm diameter pipe connectors.
Thanks for this info, I think this is the way to go, a little more expensive than a submersible but money can be saved on the taps, most microswitch taps that I've seen are either crazy money or rubbish looking.
?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Micro switch taps go with submersible pumps. A different system where each tap opens the pump when turned on. The other system involves a pressure regime. Turn on a tap the pressure drops and the pump switches on. Due mainly to the cost of taps for the micro-switch type,, most systems opt for the pressure dropping to activate the pump.
That isn't true. Either type of pump will work with either a pressure switch or tap switches. The only difference is that the submersible pump has a much higher output (flow) and is considerably cheaper.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That isn't true. Either type of pump will work with either a pressure switch or tap switches. The only difference is that the submersible pump has a much higher output (flow) and is considerably cheaper.
And the submersible is a lot quieter .............. no more waking the wife up when I flush the loo in the middle of the night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back