What to carry for if you get stuck in the mud (2 Viewers)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We are shortly to head off to France for our first big trip in our new moho. We have already had a few wheels spins with the mud on our own drive and wondered what people took with them to free up mud spinning tyres if you happen to encounter it. Clearly we won't be choosing to camp in a soggy field but it could happen anyway. Any tips?

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Tracmats should be used to park the van on BEFORE it rains.. not afterwards.. they won't sink, and unless conditions are really bad you should be able to drive off with enough forward motion not to get bogged down..

:thanks3:for the recommendation. Ordered mine today ready for what I expect to be a soggy W. Coast. With any luck we will be baking in 24C heat and dryest September on record:)

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Obviously tracmats are great but don't underestimate the value of good four seasons or winter tyres too. (M & S)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Obviously tracmats are great but don't underestimate the value of good four seasons or winter tyres too. (M & S)
Thanks,(y) I've got Vanco Campers on RH and being RWD with twin rears plus a few tips and tricks from the old hands on here will I hope see me ok.. Cheers!:)

Upvote 0

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
I have two sets of the Milenco's shackled together to form a longer version. If I use the ramps then I put the first one under a ramp so that when I roll off the van goes onto the one behind...that's the theory, I have not had to do this...yet.
As previously said prevention is better than cure, so whatever you choose to use park on it and don't wait until you have to try to drive onto it. Very first time I had a van it managed to get bogged down and I had a hell of a time getting it out, so very cagey now!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back