What Sim is best for web Connections (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I use a Sierra Wireless Aircard and the Orange Sim card that I used in it is now out of contract. The Orange card was very expensive and I know there are some better £1. a day deals etc.

Can anyone reccomend a sim card that I can use that offers a cheap connection with a decent download quota?

Thanks in anticipation

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +

Hi Jim

I have used a vodaphone datacard (unlimited for about £35 per month), who were alright until they tried to add up the bill. Quite slow connection speeds though. :whistle:

I then switched to the Orange Business Everywhere at £45 per month for 450Mb. Very expensive but good for a couple of months then their connection started to fail and I ended up spending most of the 450Mb trying to reconnect. :swear:

A couple of months ago I switched to the '3' card at £15 per month for 3 Gb Turbo connection. www.three.co.uk

I have never been more pleased and currently I am in cyber heaven :thumb:

Dick

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Jim

Im with a t-mobile usb modem, paying £29/month for a 12 month contract with 3GB monthly allowance (only use around 1GB).

As soon as "3" came out with their £15 deal I contacted t-mobile and asked them if they would be prepared to go some way to matching that rate.

They basically said "tough".

As such, I will be looking at other providers in March.

One thing to be very careful about is the coverage area.

t-mobile have a system on their website to put upto 3 postcodes and it tells you what the signal is like (3G or GPRS), but only use it as a guide as the place we're at now drifts badly between 3G and GPRS and can be a pain.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Jim

3 is fine if the coverage is good in that area, but is badly let down by very very poor admin - there are lots of forum posts about 3's notorious "customer service", unless there has been a rapid improvement in it lately. The price is the cheapest available.

Tmobile offers the £1 a day option or one of the usb modem thingies at £29 a month on a contract with the modem thingie "free" (they cost about £100 without contracts). Tmobile have a reasonable admin dept, esp if you have a business account - no funny call centres in outer mongolia, and technical help is good too - we have MDAs which were intially tricky to set up, and they have in-house tech staff who are quite good with settings etc. The modem jobbie works much better than my old Vodafone Data Card (PCMCIA) ever did - can be a pain though if the 3G signal keeps dropping to GPRS.

Laurie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back