What Pressure cooker in van (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
Want one for van cant decide which one.been looking at them at Argos and reading reviews .when kids were still at home we had 3 or 4 high dome Prestige p/cookers over the years.now cant decide weather to get another of these or a more modern one.what have you got.thanks

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
No idea what so ever on that one ,best of luck getting an answer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't get an old one, the modern ones are just as good and not as heavy/bulky as the older ones; 5L to 6L is the ideal size range, 4L are too small if you want to do a stew or something like that, and obviously over 6L they are a pain to store.

I'd always had Prestige until I was given a Tower but there's no real difference between makes, some have one way of letting out the steam and opening them, other have a different method, so if you have difficulty with your hands then check on this as some require you to 'push' the locking bit which can be tricky - my Mum had one and couldn't use it because of this. You also need to check on what's included as a lot don't come with trivets, baskets etc which are a must so you need to add the cost into the equation. Also make sure it has handles on both sides for carrying ... some only have one!

If you have a B&M Store have a look in there as they often do them for £9.99 - I've got a couple (mine and my Mum's) and use one in the van.

If you have a good car boot/market near you, you'll often find them for sale there too, used or new ones - I picked up an unused unboxed one for a few quid!

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi
Make sure you can get spares seal, safety valves, etc.
I have three Prestige for home, oldest 45 years old and still use regular because I can still get spares. But because they are made out entirely aluminium they can only be used on gas/electric radiant heat.
Make sure it will work on induction hob/cooker. The reason I say this. We have a small induction hob which we use when on EHU.
Colin

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I bought a Tefal pressure cooker and matching saute pan about 15 years ago and the lids are interchangeable so I use the large one at home and take the smaller one (saute pan) in the van. Find it big enough for the 2 of us.

Don't think they make this one now although the Jamie Oliver is very similar - but don't think there is a matching saute pan any more.

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have a 2.5ltre WMF. Great piece of kit. Will outlast us for sure.
(In hindsight, we should have perhaps gone for the next size up. This one cooks enough for one meal although a bigger one would have also allowed us to freeze a second helping. Ah well!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back