What Is This Spongy Area In The Cab Floor, Please? (Fiat Ducato) (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
The area between the seats in the cab is 'spongy', like a rubbery-type cover over something. Does anyone know what's underneath it, please, and why it's spongy? Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 338

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I guess there is a layer of sound insulation adding to the sponginess.

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Yes but Hymers are posher than Benimars.…………aren’t they?

Oiy, who says! There's nowt wrong with Benimars, the squashy floor is like walking on air. 😂

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Oiy, who says! There's nowt wrong with Benimars, the squashy floor is like walking on air. 😂

You're right!! :D I don't mind it, I just wondered why it was spongy. Out of interest, what's underneath it?

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Fearing ultimate collapse of the localised spongy area I fitted a 1.5mm aluminium plate under one of those bespoke Ducato fitted front cab mats [ after initially liberally applying silicone in beaded strips to the back of the mat before laying, after allowing it to cure for a couple of days], the plate and mat work together well to bridge the spongy area, and add to the sound deadening, + it looks good.
Mike

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Fearing ultimate collapse of the localised spongy area I fitted a 1.5mm aluminium plate under one of those bespoke Ducato fitted front cab mats [ after initially liberally applying silicone in beaded strips to the back of the mat before laying, after allowing it to cure for a couple of days], the plate and mat work together well to bridge the spongy area, and add to the sound deadening, + it looks good.
Mike

Good idea. I don't mind it being spongy, I just wondered why. In fact, when the carpet is over it it's nice to walk on in bare feet when we stop and go into the hab area :) (I always travel in bare feet :) ).

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Good luck finding a starter battery between the seats…… it’s in front of the passenger seat.

As already shown by JustifiedAncient you should find the LP fuel lift pump under there.

I guess someone's finding it funny to take the p*ss out of me for not knowing what's under the floor. Oh well, I'm just a girl. What would I know. Still, at least I asked and tried to learn something about my MoHo, instead of just blindly using it without any knowledge.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I guess someone's finding it funny to take the p*ss out of me for not knowing what's under the floor. Oh well, I'm just a girl. What would I know. Still, at least I asked and tried to learn something about my MoHo, instead of just blindly using it without any knowledge.
No one is taking the p*ss out of you for asking, it’s one of the reasons the forum is here, we’re all learning every day.
However, it doesn’t stop some of us taking the p*ss out of each other, particularly if they are Hymer owners. :reel::imoutahere:

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I think you are putting yourself down! As simply a reader of your post and replies I had no idea whether you were male or female, didn't even consider it to be honest. I was just as curious as you. Am I male or female? It only matters if you make it matter!

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Btw are there any MH with servant quarters?

Super yachts over 20m have servant bunks separate from the owners areas!

Neoplan double decker would be ideal!

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back