What is this knob for? (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
The knob at the rear does not turn the one at the front raises the seat squab up and down. I have looked in the handbook but I think that it’s from a different year mine is a 2007. 57 plate Peugeot

My question is should it turn and if so what does it do.
122083C7-2D8E-4861-8F9F-44FBE88BC2CD.jpeg

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Yep As Lenny HB says

The 2 Knobs are used in conjuction too:

Together they can Raise/lower the whole seat squab
Rear Raises/lowers the rear of the seat squab
Front Raises/lowers the front of the seat squab

Adjustment of either will also adjust the back rest position. i.e lower the seat front and the back rest becomes more upright moving the top nearer to the front etc etc.

In theory great as the positioning for the seat and back rest is virtually infinite. However a real pain if more than one driver who need the seat in different positions.

Some seats have a strange toothed belt arrangement check they are ok and apply a spot of lube to the seat adjuster threads.

OP
OP
Vipar
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thanks for the advice I will get neighbour to turn knob whilstI bounce as can’t grip things due to osteoarthritis

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the advice I will get neighbour to turn knob whilstI bounce as can’t grip things due to osteoarthritis
If you aren't in the seat there's no weight pressing down so it will adjust without bouncing.
It may be over-tightened all the way down and needs a strong hand to start it turning again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I used to drive VW T5s with those two adjustments plus lumber adjustment and one could get really comfortable for a 12-hour shift.

My Arto Isro(?) seat has the two but not the lumber which I miss, but have rarely done long distances, usually 25-50km.

Geoff

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Yep As Lenny HB says

The 2 Knobs are used in conjuction too:

Together they can Raise/lower the whole seat squab
Rear Raises/lowers the rear of the seat squab
Front Raises/lowers the front of the seat squab

Adjustment of either will also adjust the back rest position. i.e lower the seat front and the back rest becomes more upright moving the top nearer to the front etc etc.

In theory great as the positioning for the seat and back rest is virtually infinite. However a real pain if more than one driver who need the seat in different positions.

Some seats have a strange toothed belt arrangement check they are ok and apply a spot of lube to the seat adjuster threads.
What's the squab? I thought it was a young pigeon.
Edit: not trying to be obtuse. Just never heard the term squab before in relation to a seat.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I miss the lumbar support we had in the Bessacar (which I had to get Pete to adjust as I'm not heavy enough!) but in that the seats didn't turn round to face along the inside of the van.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I think it may be time to take the seat out and have a proper look. It will at least enable some lubrication to be applied and you should be able to ascertain what the problem is. Well that's what I would do.
One word of caution, they are about ten times heavier than they look.

Geoff

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I wouldn't go shouting it about that your neighbour is going to turn your knob or people might get the wrong idea

OP
OP
Vipar
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
She can turn my knob anytime 😂 both her and the wife had a go but we had no joy. Gonna take it to a Peugeot dealer tomorrow let them have a look as I’m not built for lifting nowadays.🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
She can turn my knob anytime 😂 both her and the wife had a go but we had no joy. Gonna take it to a Peugeot dealer tomorrow let them have a look as I’m not built for lifting nowadays.🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️
That's the problem then ... you didn't ask Joy movan to do it! :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Haven’t seen Joy on for a few days hope she’s ok?
Probably avoiding the forum so you can't ask her to sort out your knob! :LOL:

OP
OP
Vipar
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Dealer said can’t fix it as it is not a Peugeot seat it is custom made.
Any ideas where I can get it fixed?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back