What food to pack for Norway (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Can you take your own beers, wines and spirits into Scandinavian countries?

Feb 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Any tips on various routes of how to get there and what route to take ? We are heading for Norway in summer too, anyone with experience black tank disposal in Norway ? We have a black tank, no cassettešŸ‘
Park4Night gives you the information you need. Just finished the best part of 5000 miles in Norway & Sweden and were able to empty our tank on regular basis

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have been going to Sweden for the past 40yrs or so, (not Norway, sorry!) and, as you don't drink much, just take plenty of basic food that you enjoy eating!

I always take Flannigan's porridge + oatbran and dried fruit for breakfast, and flour and yeast to make flat breads (for emergencies) plus tinned stuff to fill flat bread.

The rest you can buy and taste the local cuisine.

Concentrate more on other things like a pass for the ferries, tolls etc. Enjoy yourself, I'm sure you will!

Collywally

Free Member
Sep 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer camper
We are planning a trip to Norway and Sweden this Spring. Weā€™ve all heard the horror stories about the cost of even basic foodstuffs in Norway. Can any of our experienced Norway hands advise what food we should take? Not really bothered about booze as weā€™re not great drinkers and will probably pack a couple of cases of Spanish beer.

Thanks šŸ˜Š
I live in Norway be carefull about alcohol your limit is 1 litre of spirits + 1.5 litres wine and only 2 litres of beer so 6 x 330 ml
anything else about most things let me know

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We found it to be cheapšŸ˜€

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I thought the limits were
1 litre of spirits, 1.5 litres of wine (2 bottles) and 2 litres of beer (6 x 0.33 l)
+ 200 cigarettes or 250 g of other types of tobacco, and 200 sheets of cigarette paper.
If you take zero 'Spirits' you are allowed to take - in more wine and beer eg 4xBottles of wine + 6xCans of Beer or '0' wine and 15 cans of Beer per person. Details on www. toll.no

On a different topic, currently weighing up the pros' and cons' of taking the Ferry from Eemshaven in the Netherlands to Kristianand instead of driving through Germany/Denmark only to have to take another Ferry (250euro). Quote I have received for the end of April is 450euro for two people and a 7m van. The previously mentioned YOUTUBE channel 'Life is too short' details the crossing and the ship.

Robert

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I met several people this summer who used that ferry.
Apparently it's very very popular with Germans and Dutch, several told me it was difficult to book as it was often full, and also mainly filled with motorhomes. I may use it next time, but will book early. It will save 2 to 3 days and several hundred miles.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Any tips on various routes of how to get there and what route to take ? We are heading for Norway in summer too, anyone with experience black tank disposal in Norway ? We have a black tank, no cassettešŸ‘
Our favoured route is ferry to Holland from whichever port suits you best then drive to Hirtshalls, Denmark and ferry to Kristiansand. Norway is very welcoming to motorhomes with lots of disposal points and fresh water taps. We found food prices in Denmark close to those in the UK.

Sep 16, 2018
Norway
Funster No
MH
Georgie Boy Pursuit
Exp
Since 1982
Have lived in Norway for 40 years and traveled all over Scandinavia, as of about a year ago there became very little difference in many foods, it is more expensive though but not as bad as it was, if you need spirits and booze in huge quantities Norway is not the place to visit. But great nature and amazing outdoor activities, many of the food chains now compete big time which is good for the consumer, you need to do some research on the many offers etc, road tolls and also fuel discount, most of this you can find in English. I just had an offer this month on fuel, 35p discount a liter as a new card user. LPG is 35p a liter cheap if its for your leisure tanks, As of today's climate Denmark looks cheaper but their currency is c/a 40% more expensive than Sweden and Norway, Sweden does have cheaper food than Norway but you need to shop around. There are in Norway some good less expensive food chains, KIWI and REMA among them, there are more which have good offers.

Sep 16, 2018
Norway
Funster No
MH
Georgie Boy Pursuit
Exp
Since 1982
One more thing which I failed to mention, wife and I are visiting the German Christmas markets and when she booked the ferry to leave Norway, they had numerous offers if we knew the dates of return. We did and there was a 50% discount or rather free return if we chose to change our return date by one day. 10 meter RV saved us Ā£125 by coming back a day earlier. This was with Color line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2020
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
One more thing which I failed to mention, wife and I are visiting the German Christmas markets and when she booked the ferry to leave Norway, they had numerous offers if we knew the dates of return. We did and there was a 50% discount or rather free return if we chose to change our return date by one day. 10 meter RV saved us Ā£125 by coming back a day earlier. This was with Color line.
As mentioned before campervibe you tube channel is worth watching also the expawers channel is well worth watching.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back