Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Just checked the Camping and Caravanning Club UK site and am intrigued by their winter rally page. Just checked a rally at a site down in the Costas and it has everything - activities, indoor pool, cafes, restaurants, 16 Amp hookup, waste points and water on each pitch TV plugin points, wi-fi, gym, spa, entertainment etc etc . I just did the maths and (not including the electricity) worked out it would cost just over £1300 to stay there the whole of winter for 5 months. By anybody's reckoning that sounds a cheap way of getting away from the UK winter.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sounds good to me, I think you may start a trend of some type, getting away from the UK in the winter months.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
that's £325 a month so reasonable, but that's what sites cost down this way anyway. name the site, look for reviews, and do the due diligence first? as it may well be in the middle of nowhere, not within walking/cycling distance of any bars/restaurants/shops/beach or any life whatsoever :)

as an example. we are paying £295 + elec a month in Benidorm which is a year round town and always full of life and activity

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I might pay £295 a month NOT to go to Benidorm... :rofl:

JJ :cool:

likewise......I'll have a whip round to keep you away!:)

(not really you sound excellent fun)

Reactions: JJ

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Benidorm = Marmite...

...except I LOVE Marmite.

A winter season for the great JJ in Benidorm could be quite lucrative .....unless you've hung up your wand.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A winter season for the great JJ in Benidorm could be quite lucrative .....unless you've hung up your wand.

Look Mr Bobby22... I suffered a summer season (20 minutes once a week in the "Cabaret Room" 1989) at Butlins, Skegness, so I know all about agony, torture and self sacrifice!

One "fan" came up after one show and said,

"Oi mate... you must be good 'cos Butlins booked you but I thought you were crap... want a beer?"

So thank you very, very much for your kind money making suggestion but I doubt those young, trendy Benidorm regulars, in their designer tee shirts featuring out standing willys, would be interested it watching a old pensioner mucking about with his hand up the rear end of a stuffed raccoon!

The Skeggy mob weren't!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
So thank you very, very much for your kind money making suggestion but I doubt those young, trendy Benidorm regulars in their designer tee shirts featuring out standing willys would be interested it watching a old pensioner mucking about with his hand up the rear end of a stuffed raccoon!

What about a winter season? You might get a gig showing your skills to your peers.(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What are "peers"?

Do they have theatres at the end of them?

PS. Retired from performing 4 years ago.

Only if they have a REALLY weird physic !!!

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
that's £325 a month so reasonable, but that's what sites cost down this way anyway. name the site, look for reviews, and do the due diligence first? as it may well be in the middle of nowhere, not within walking/cycling distance of any bars/restaurants/shops/beach or any life whatsoever :)

as an example. we are paying £295 + elec a month in Benidorm which is a year round town and always full of life and activity

I make it £260 a month o_O so £65 a week.

Here's the link. Get's very good reviews.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/european/spain/costablanca/marjal

On average how much does electric cost you a week in Beni?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back