Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Get more channels on my tv?
I have an Oyster 85 satellite dish coupled to an avtex 24” pro tv but I can’t seem to get many channels, bbc1,2 and itv 1,4 and plus a hour. I could fit a sky box and get a few more, is there an alternative to get more channels WITHOUT streaming?
I DO have a firestick and motorhome WiFi 5G (which is very good) but I’m thinking when there’s NO data signal, ie nowhere near any towns

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
You need a freesat or free to view box, Freesat will give you 7 day tv guide and if you put your postcode in it will give you regional tv and news. Free to view will give you hundreds of channels but it will include all the regional channels and they won't be on any order.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Have you done a retune? We have a similar set-up to yours and without any other boxes we get a fair few more channels than that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
What satellite are you aligning the dish to?
What satellite is the Avtex tuner selecting?
Both should be Astra 2.
Are you viewing Favourites in the TV guide and has it been limited to those channels you mention?
Assuming both dish and TV are looking at Astra 2 and you're not limiting the channel choice in Favourites retune the TV and see what it finds.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
I have an Oyster 85 satellite dish coupled to an avtex 24” pro tv but I can’t seem to get many channels, bbc1,2 and itv 1,4 and plus a hour. I could fit a sky box and get a few more, is there an alternative to get more channels WITHOUT streaming?
I DO have a firestick and motorhome WiFi 5G (which is very good) but I’m thinking when there’s NO data signal, ie nowhere near any towns
Good afternoon WESTY66

The problem you're experiencing is most likely due to certain channels being moved around and altered on the Satellite.
The Oyster receivers along with a lot of free to air receivers including Avtex TV's unfortunately do not auto update to take these changes into account and need to be rescanned in order to received the affected stations once more.
As mentioned above you could use a Sky box or Freesat receiver, both of which do auto update or alternatively you are more than welcome to send or bring the system to us for a full update to the system software and the channel listings.
If it's just the Avtex TV listings that are the problem then Avtex will be able to send you a new list via email that you can update to the TV via USB.

Hope this helps.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Avtex sent me USB stick FOC with an updated channel list
Very easy to install

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back