What craft would you like to try? (1 Viewer)

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
What craft would you like to try at our crafting weekend meet up? It's September 17th to 19th and being held at our very own Quackers site woodsidefield.co.uk. I wonder what you'll enjoy most? Dorset buttons, resin, beadwork, card craft or mandala painting?

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_133154.jpg
    IMG_20210718_133154.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 18

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I can plaster :) Self taught and did the vast majority of the plastering when we built this house. I didn't do the top of the stairs as I couldn't get up the scaffolding and I didn't do part of the living room ceiling as I had an appointment and when I got back Martin had done it (and now regrets not leaving it).

I'd like to have a go at batik. I do have a Tjanting but have never used it ........ it's on my to try list.

However as it's unlikely we would be able to make the meet that might have to wait.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CraftyCaver

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
I can plaster :) Self taught and did the vast majority of the plastering when we built this house. I didn't do the top of the stairs as I couldn't get up the scaffolding and I didn't do part of the living room ceiling as I had an appointment and when I got back Martin had done it (and now regrets not leaving it).

I'd like to have a go at batik. I do have a Tjanting but have never used it ........ it's on my to try list.

However as it's unlikely we would be able to make the meet that might have to wait.
Wow I had a go at plastering once, I admire anyone who can do this. As for batik I had a go years ago... A beautiful craft to learn. Perhaps you can join us on the next one šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The only reason I did the plastering was because we couldn't find anyone to do it for us! A man who was helping us (retired builder topping up his pension) told me to have a go and start in an ensuite shower room where my work would be covered up - he showed me a few tips and tricks. So I did that room - then another bathroom and after that I was away :) To start with I cheated and used ready mixed plaster but once I knew how I liked the consistency and texture I was able to mix my own but always small batches. Slow and steady ..... I've also done repair in my daughter's house for her and shown her how to do it but she doesn't have the patience to do a bit, let it dry and go back to it over several days.

I'd love to join you but with the home situation it's not going to happen any time soon ....... even our 3 nights at Lochore Meadows have had to be planned months in advance and that's only 90 miles away.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CraftyCaver

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
These are similar makes that one of the workshops will do...

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_190547.jpg
    IMG_20210720_190547.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CraftyCaver

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
I'm afraid this won't be possible, but you could have a go at resin, dorset buttons, mandala tile painting and beaded earings!

Upvote 0

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I recently took up welding again after many years, found it very therapeutic and rewarding.

What surprised me was how after over 3 decades i just took off where I left off.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
AlmuƱƩcar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7

What craft would you like to try?​

"Moonshine" or poitin / potcheen distilling.
Use of popett / mommet (or voodoo if you wish) effigies.
Tasseography.
Water divining.
The cheddaring process.
Basket weaving using different canes / bamboo instead of withies
Laying hedges
Drystone and cob walling
Time divisiĆ³n multiplexing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CraftyCaver

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
Interesting, have tried water diving when I was younger, only made baskets with withies, attempted dry stone walling but hubby much better at it than me and my nan would could read tea leaves. Unfortunately the only crafts on offer are as stated but food for thought on the next event!

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Bricklayer. And Electrickery

Last edited:
Upvote 0