What activities/pursuits do you pursue? (1 Viewer)

Cibaris

Free Member
May 21, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
unknown
Exp
new
I imagine many of you have plenty of free time. What do you do with your time? Can you let me know when replying what country you pursue your activities? Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Cibaris

We like to cycle, nothing too serious, mountain bike for the tracks or tandem for the road, it's a good way to see the area and useful to get to the shops.

Wherever we are touring at the time but we try to stay in the sunshine.

Welcome to FUN by the way.

Martin

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Skiing is my thing (it's why we have the van, 4 weeks each trip), normally go to Italy but have tried the other European resorts.

After skiing it's my interest in RS Fords, have had a few currently waiting delivery of a MK3 RS Focus. No better place than the Lake District for a good run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
off roading in morocco or spain . ,motorbike riding ,surfing , snorkelling . just nosing around national parks looking at the animals and birds .
never use toll roads or m,ways ,avoid duall carriageways so going through small villages you just dont know what where or what you will be spending the day doing . much more fun in villages . the best places arent in guide books or holiday books .

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
UK only at the moment.
Also at the moment, our activity/ pursuit is: Walking, walking, and more walking.
Which then lets us enjoy wildlife, see fabulous vistas, meet people, enjoy small villages, get into towns, visit historical sites, travel along riversides and canal towpaths, have a drink with a meal out, experience all weathers, stay fit, take some lovely (and some hopeless) photographs, write up the day in a diary, have fabulous picnics, etc etc etc
Oh, and I do Mo & Dryad's quiz when I have internet access (y)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I'm partial to a bit of sea fishing. First trip this season is tomorrow and I have set myself the challenge of catching a Cod that will beat my previous record of 8.5lbs. If I am not on here posting pictures of the big'un tomorrow night you will know I am at the pub sulking!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'd like to say something amazing like exploring deep space, however think most of that seems to have taken up residence, it can fir into quite a small space on earth since as you know space esp black holes is well known for appearing tiny - yet actually really being bigger than we have vocabulary or any other means to express. However despite that I manage to still read, do crosswords, drive Pete nuts and help moderate an internet forum amongst other things! UK based, but I often do the Xwords, the reading and annoying my husband - wherever in the world we may happen to be at the time.

We both spend a lot of time visiting various buildings since we've been members of the NT for years and also the NHS owns any number of places which we visit far too often these days, but visiting the vast majority them is an absolutely lousy hobby for anyone, I wish we'd never started doing it and I'd never suggest anyone else take it up until they have to! (but if that actually happens - go there immediately, do not pass Go and don't collect £200, please!)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I imagine many of you have plenty of free time. What do you do with your time? Can you let me know when replying what country you pursue your activities? Thanks

Hello, welcome to Fun , interesting first question , just wondered why you imagine many of us has plenty of free time.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Climbing, including via ferratas, cycling (roads and mountain bikes), walking, running, orieteering. Mostly done in Spain in the winter but can be anywhere in the summer depending where an interesting orienteering competition is being held, we can fit everything else in around it. Have been to Canada, NZ, Australia, Italy, Slovenia ........... and many other European countries and now have many friends from all over the world.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Skiing - also why we bought the van this year - skied in the central massif France out of it in March.
We also walk a lot and visit museums and anything else of interest .
I carry a full size weighted keyboard in the van and play most days and also am dabbling in water colours and try to paint what I see out the window or from a photo I've taken that day.
My husband juggles and plays chess on line and we cycle together whenever we can. We play scrabble and watch TV or films we've copied. Even though we drive a lot we seem to have more time to do these things on the road than we do at home.

Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
Painting with acrylics

Attachments

• IMG_20160313_143134.jpg
    IMG_20160313_143134.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 29

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
i spend a lot of my time looking for things like my glasses, my phone,wallet, keys, six pack.

That sort of thing

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
"We both spend a lot of time visiting various buildings since we've been members of the NT for years and also the NHS owns any number of places which we visit far too often these days, but visiting the vast majority them is an absolutely lousy hobby for anyone, I wish we'd never started doing it and I'd never suggest anyone else take it up until they have to! (but if that actually happens - go there immediately, do not pass Go and don't collect £200, please!)"
Sound and intelligent advice

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
National trust
Old villages, small towns
Crafts
Pyrography
Woodwork

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
i spend a lot of my time looking for things like my glasses, my phone,wallet, keys, six pack.

That sort of thing
Do you preceed each and every search with: "where's my.....?"

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

That sort of thing
Now you come to mention it, I spend far too much of my time looking for those things... belonging to Someone Else.

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Going into Poundland and asking the self stackers the price of various items

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
A bit of racing all over the UK plus a little bit in Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back