What’s this switch for??? (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2011
After owning an Autotrail 700 for several years we have discovered an on/off switch on the underside of where the Sergeant Control Panel is located. If you sit in the seat behind the drivers seat and look up and there it is. Can anyone advise what it’s for as nothing is obvious. Of course it could be a case of “not seeing the wood for the trees”.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Light under toilet door. Gets everyone that does.

Have you also found that the rear u Lounge lights have a dimmer ? That one took me 5 years.

OP
OP
M
Mar 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that. I’ll take a look. It seems a long way from the toilet - Poor design?

Where is the dimmer switch, like you we didn’t know it had one for the rear lights. We know where the rear lights on off switch is, but the dimmer no.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for that. I’ll take a look. It seems a long way from the toilet - Poor design?

Where is the dimmer switch, like you we didn’t know it had one for the rear lights. We know where the rear lights on off switch is, but the dimmer no.

The Round on off switch in the rear lounge. Press and hold..like magic dims up and down.

OP
OP
M
Mar 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2011
You are absolutely right on both counts, thank you.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Well, who’d have known? Thank you both for enlightening us. Pardon the pun. I have always found the lights in our Autotrail to be very confusing. I can’t wait to try out the dimmer switch for some romantic evenings this spring. We will take the covers off Big Bertha in the next week or two and head for the hills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Well, who’d have known? Thank you both for enlightening us. Pardon the pun. I have always found the lights in our Autotrail to be very confusing. I can’t wait to try out the dimmer switch for some romantic evenings this spring. We will take the covers off Big Bertha in the next week or two and head for the hills.
there is also a remote control to dim the lights

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back