Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Our 'etiquette' is to mostly wild camp - then we rarely have neighbours. ;) :giggle:

Even better when we are the only MH on a Greek island, as we have been for many weeks in two of the last three years.

Amen to that. I’m already pining for Greece and Crete and formulating plans for next year.

Mar 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
We like the aires in France because they are almost always within walking distance of the town or village.
Stayed on the massive one in Honfleur last year, brilliant! EHC if you wanted it and the usual water & waste disposal. Views of the river, walk or cycle into a beautiful city.
Yes the vans were close to each other but with over 100 there was never a problem getting a space any time of day and folk were sitting out on chairs in the sunshine!
We stayed 3 days 😎

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Saint Valery en Caux
last year, sardines but great view and easy walk into town plus Bastille Day fireworks display right in front of us!!

View attachment 898138
Lovely little place. We stopped there last summer. ‘Lobster travels’ were parked opposite us…now that’s a big truck. Actually edit that…we couldn’t find the entrance to that aire…..panicked and went up to Veulettes Sur Mer. Or was it the other way around ?? Terrible memory :unsure:
IMG_4345.jpeg

Last edited:

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
We pulled in to a packed aire, the French moved their vans to create a space just big enough for us. The other nationals stood outside their vans and glared. Happened at Watten. Been helped to park in a good spot many times in France.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The etiquette is that you park to allow as many as possible to park. There is no such thing as the 6 meter rule except for the English. We were once the only Motorhome on an aire that could take 50. We arrived back from a walk to find another Motorhome just 60cm away exactly our doors width when we opened the door there was just a centimetre of space. How do they do it? I don’t think I could.
So the answer is: “When in Rome….”
Thank goodness I'm Welsh ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
We've just pulled onto a sosta in Bologna and to mark my space I've put out my door mat, another PVC has pulled alongside, so we're door to door, but guess that's our fault for not driving in
IMG_20240517_153703.jpg

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I've parked up lengthways around the perimeter of a casual aire, like the Begian who was the only other one here. He was replaced by a French van who occupied his vacated space. Four more vans have now arrived and parked in radiating spoke fashion. Now I feel a bit of an odd man out.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Parked up in Bonneval. Nice five foot gap either side. Go for a walk and a coffee and come back to a two foot gap from a Frenchman. He only has about six inches spare to open his hab door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back