Whale water heater Adria Twin pressure valve (1 Viewer)

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Hi all

On our Adria Twin Facebook group we have started to see a number of people having trouble with the Whale water heater pressure relief valves opening.
I had a scenario when I turning on the water heater and after a while the pressure relief valve opened and dumped all the water supply. A number of others have now reported same issue when the heater is on.
One of the guys has had the valve replaced but get the same issue
So I was wondering anyone here got this whale heater believe it the ww08010c picture below, and have you had the same issue. Is there a fix.
for now I have blue Tacked the yellow handle in the closed position in hope this will help but I expect the valve opens internally.
whale heater.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I don‘t have that valve as mine is an old van. But just a thought. Have you tried removing the pressure from your water syste, open tap briefly, when pump is off, then turning on water heater. That should then allow the pressure to rise as the water gets hot. I know my older style valve release a bit of water when boiler heats our water if system has been pressurised cold.

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
I don‘t have that valve as mine is an old van. But just a thought. Have you tried removing the pressure from your water syste, open tap briefly, when pump is off, then turning on water heater. That should then allow the pressure to rise as the water gets hot. I know my older style valve release a bit of water when boiler heats our water if system has been pressurised cold.
Good idea to try. I was thinking maybe the water pressure is too high in the first place. When it opens you have to release pressure then turn the handle open then closed to reset. Annoying as when it opens you never know unless you look under the van, by that time you may have lost all your water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
I have that one but no problem apart from it locking out twice, It does leak a little water when hotwater is on but thats from expansion,

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
With mine, if I pressurise the system with everything cold, then run the boiler for hot water, just before the boiler turns off we get a “knock“ type sound where the pressure release/frost valve, just briefly opens and allows about an egg cups worth of water out. We are now used to it and take this as a “water ready” signal.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
We've got Whale system in our Accordo and I've had issues similar to what you describe MH14, with the caveat that I've not lost the entire water supply but have had substantial dribbling and drips. I had one valve replaced but it wasn't much of an improvement. So my ear is now tuned for pump chuntering and if it starts on a prolonged cycle, I manually open the pressure valve and let some water out. This usually works and the system settles down. At bed time, I turn the hot water to "Frost" and the pump off as a kind of workaround.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back