LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
From memory BF aren't the best Company when it comes to offering alternatives should their Spanish ferries
get cancelled.
Yes, they will offer you a french crossing with a refund of sorts but they aren't going to give you any compensation for having to drive the length of France or give, say, you the price that the french crossing was on the day you booked your Spanish trip.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
From memory BF aren't the best Company when it comes to offering alternatives should their Spanish ferries
get cancelled.
Yes, they will offer you a french crossing with a refund of sorts but they aren't going to give you any compensation for having to drive the length of France or give, say, you the price that the french crossing was on the day you booked your Spanish trip.

Yes, because. Brittany Ferries clearly never planned for future growth in the market, like say for example Irish ferries did, sling with Stena (okay Stena initially thought they had got it wrong as Hollandica and Britanica arrived at the 2007 slide (reaping the rewards now mind )).

Bigger leaner ships from China on the way, leased by Brittany Ferries from Stena. But clearly too late.

Brittany Ferries cannot cope with existing passengers, let alone take on new ones.

Whist it’s no use to me, Eurotunnel and the other eastern ferry companies must be benefiting from poor management...

And as for Pont aven being the flagship.

It’s often late, in dock for repairs with, engine failure, engine fire (maybe it’s powered by MERCEDES!) dock damage, Technical issues. Maybe it’s time for a rethink

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes, because. Brittany Ferries clearly never planned for future growth in the market, like say for example Irish ferries did, sling with Stena (okay Stena initially thought they had got it wrong as Hollandica and Britanica arrived at the 2007 slide (reaping the rewards now mind )).

Bigger leaner ships from China on the way, leased by Brittany Ferries from Stena. But clearly too late.

Brittany Ferries cannot cope with existing passengers, let alone take on new ones.

Whist it’s no use to me, Eurotunnel and the other eastern ferry companies must be benefiting from poor management...

And as for Pont aven being the flagship.

It’s often late, in dock for repairs with, engine failure, engine fire (maybe it’s powered by MERCEDES!) dock damage, Technical issues. Maybe it’s time for a rethink

Perhaps that why you've got them on Speed dial when someone wants a code? :xThumb:

Deleted User
There is little BF can do about adverse weather conditions, I am sure that they will be reluctant to cancel crossings because of the loss of revenue but safety must be the primary concern.

I had a crossing cancelled earlier this year and as well as full refund received around £170 compensation to cover extra travel costs, which it just about did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
There is little BF can do about adverse weather conditions, I am sure that they will be reluctant to cancel crossings because of the loss of revenue but safety must be the primary concern.

I had a crossing cancelled earlier this year and as well as full refund received around £170 compensation to cover extra travel costs, which it just about did.

Could not agree more, really do not understand why people make stupid comments when BF do cancel. After all, priority is comfort and safety.

But the problem Brittany Ferries have is that they don’t have forward capacity. They are leasing small, old vessels until the new ones arrive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back