Well a recent visit to Portugal was like stepping back in time (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I dont understand all this e-cigarette nonsense. Its a substitute for tobacco. I wouldn't drink substitute gin, so why on earth would I smoke substitute tobacco. The worlds gone bloody mad. Anyway, am off to eat my dinner followed with a nice Don Sebastian.
I agree,but apparently it’s because there is little or no tar in these new things. And “only three” chemicals to kill you instead of over two hundred. Hahahahahaha,you couldn’t make it up,could you?!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They should ban sex as well I think.

And anything else that's enjoyable(y)

Thats just it Chris, some have already been gelded free of charge by the good Lord and have little other pleasures in life only the dreaded weed.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Impressed that you only ever drink Hendrick's :D

I think maybe you would have a photo somewhere of me disposing of my dead bodies Jim :). My favoured tipple at the minute is Opihr but that can change at any time. As you know gin has become fashionable in recent years and many obscure brands have come onto the market. Strange really, but in recent years I have become quite fashionable for the first time in my life being a lifelong gin drinker and waistcoat wearer :cool:.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think maybe you would have a photo somewhere of me disposing of my dead bodies Jim :). My favoured tipple at the minute is Opihr but that can change at any time. As you know gin has become fashionable in recent years and many obscure brands have come onto the market. Strange really, but in recent years I have become quite fashionable for the first time in my life being a lifelong gin drinker and waistcoat wearer :cool:.
Thanks snowbird, I'm now finding this thread useful as Christmas presents for some gin drinking friends...how about slow gin, any favorites...(y)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks snowbird, I'm now finding this thread useful as Christmas presents for some gin drinking friends...how about slow gin, any favorites...(y)

Of course the best sloe gin is home made, but a good reasonably priced sloe gin is 1599 sold by Aldi.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We banned smoking in public indoor places long before that, 2007. That was due to an act we passed in 2006.

Presently the EU want smoking banned on beaches. Now that is a great idea, ciggy stubs in your kids sand-castles are disgusting.
and even earlier (26 March 2006) in Scotland. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking,_Health_and_Social_Care_(Scotland)_Act_2005
one of the best moves made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Best way to make sloe gin is to go and pick some sloes from a hedgerow,add it to a bottle of cheap gin,add sugar,leave for a few months,turning every fortnight. Make sure you add enough sugar or it will be sharp,can’t remember how much you need. Google it. Enjoy.

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
no but you have to to pick them

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How about these traffic lights that go red if you are a couple of miles over the limit and bring the entire stream of traffic to a halt. Not come across this before. It seems to work....:sneaky:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How about these traffic lights that go red if you are a couple of miles over the limit and bring the entire stream of traffic to a halt. Not come across this before. It seems to work....:sneaky:
Here if you stop for them the police car following lays into his horn. very few people stop for them except in Brit areas where the Guardia hide to catch the foreigners.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
In answer to the original posting by Mr B, I agree with the sentiment that (a lot of) Portugal is like stepping back ten years in time. In fact probably more like 20 years:

Kids play freely in the street
Drugs related crime is the lowest in the EU
Strangers greet you in the street with a cheery good morning or good day, or wave as you drive past
People can leave their doors open in safety
Parents usually live with their children when elderly
Doctors visit their patients, at home and on the same day of calling
The average life expectancy in Portugal is higher than in the UK (84.3 in Portugal as opposed to 82.8 in UK)

And here's the kicker

Despite the higher life expectancy, a higher percentage of the Portuguese population are smokers (16.3% in Portugal as opposed to 13.7 in UK)

Yes, smoking is permitted in small premises with single rooms, or confined in larger premises with dedicated rooms

I guess they have more important things to think about. Some countries in the EU are far less dogmatic than many countries

I like the speed controlled lights

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think the lights are a good idea they have them in France too but they won't catch on here they work well but there are no fines to be collected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back